alcer and not much weight lost

lori1968
on 7/24/13 8:33 am

i am 14 days out and very discouraged still have offal acid and now taking meds for alcers have a scope only on august the 9th  i have only lost 3 lbs since i have been home from the hosp..... dont no what to do   

truckingbride
on 7/24/13 11:06 am - Harriston , Canada

I am not sure what program you went through; with each centre having differnt post op plans your intake could vary right now. I was through Guelph I devloped a ulcer immediatley in the first week I was home because of all the back pain, extra vomiting, and feeling soo terrible even when i got to the jello stage i couldnt hack it and lost 23 pounds my first week home. I know everyones weight loss varies soo much for everyone. Keep taking your meds and stick closely with your post op plan it all works out in the end dont worry. my ulcer took about 4 months to heal. and I am left with a very irritable sensitive pouch, my surgeon said ill be on the PPI for the rest of my life. Keep us posted about your scope, and how it turns out.

Patm
on 7/25/13 12:08 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I lost weight on opti then gained it all back in fluid when in the hospital. You will lose. Your body needs to adjust. It is in starvation mode right now. Good luck with the scope. Make sure you are getting in your fluids and protein

Most Active
Recent Topics