Soy Isolate Protein ?

kristaeb
on 7/27/13 5:54 am

Hi, just wanting some info . I am on Premier protein shakes, but wondering if anyone takes Soy isolate protein powder? I had some Soy given to me and was wondering if i should use it or not. Or is it best to stay with the whey isolate..Thanks for any help Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

gwynnkitty
on 7/27/13 6:55 am - North York, Canada

Krista, I could be mis-remembering, but I think that post-op, we handle the whey isolates better. I'm sure one of the vets will speak up. :)

Referral to Surgeon: February 12, 2013 Appointment with Surgeon: April 24, 2013 Endoscopy: April 30, 2013 Referral sent to Bariatric Registry: May 2, 2013 Orientation Appointment: May 27, 2013 Dr Klein Appointment: June 6, 2013 Second Upper GI Series: June 11 Dr Glazer: August 12, 2013 RN/RD/SW: August 29. 2013 Follow-up With Dr Klein: September 23, 2013 Start Opti: October 23, 2013 Surgery Date: November 14, 2013 

kristaeb
on 7/27/13 7:04 am

Thanks Tab. I did hear something like that too.  I do know someone who does take the Soy because they cant tolerate whey. So this is the best place to come for info and opinions, thats why i love this site..  ...kiss.. Hope your having a good weekend Tab..Talk to you soon hun..Krista...

reenie33
on 7/27/13 7:10 am

I have been told that post WLS we digest isolate protein easier because the lactose has been removed. Sometimes people become sensitive to lactose or become lactose intolerant after surgery.

kristaeb
on 7/27/13 7:45 am

Thanks Reenie. How are you doing?

reenie33
on 7/27/13 9:15 am

I am well thank you. Still learning what my pouch will tolerate the hard way however. No more peanuts for this gal lmao. How are you doing ? Sounds like you are making lots of yummy things, I read the posts you put up. I love to cook as well. I am still trying to get my hear around HOW MUCH I had ate before and HOW LITTLE I need to make now

kristaeb
on 7/27/13 10:06 am

I hear you , it is really hard to wrap your head around.. I have been able to tolerate everything so far. I think i have a Iron Gut that some have called it. So that has made it a little easier for me. But my stomach can change as well , so i take it one day at a time. I find when i am eating i try and take SMALL bites and chew chew and savor each bite. It seems to last longer and feels like i am eating more.. I made chicken with salsa and LF cheese tonight. Was able to get 5 table spoons in. Now just waiting to drink some more protein shake.  It is the hardest thing to go from being addictated to food one day and eat what ever you want and huge amounts of food, and then go to not wanting to eat and eating VERY little....For the people who think this surgery is the easy way out havent got a clue do they ? lol...But we can do this ...Have a good night ....Krista...kiss

Most Active
Recent Topics