Prevacid

EternalEx
on 7/30/13 2:10 am - Canada
Ugh, the sickly sweet taste of this is making me sick. Has anyone found a way to make this more palatable? I've tried disdolving in water and on my tongue, and both ways (probably because it's on an empty stomach) make me gag horribly.
Darthmummy
on 7/30/13 3:45 am
Have you tried mixing it with applesauce?
Monica9811
on 7/30/13 4:15 am - Peterborough, Canada

do whatever you have to do to get it down though.  If you don't take it you risk getting ulcers and I hear they are very nasty!  My friend just developed one 6 months after surgery-she has been on heartburn meds for 10 yrs and nurse at bariatric program told her she didn't need to take them anymore and a week later she was in the hospital for 3 days with a bad ulcer!  Not good.  She is back on them now for life.

Catw
on 7/30/13 4:49 am - Arnprior, Canada

The Prevacid that I take is in capsule form.  I have to open it.  Once I've done that, I put it in yogurt and swallow it.  It's not too bad that way.  If you try yogurt, try a plane one, it might help cut the sweet.

Cathy

Monica9811
on 7/30/13 5:09 am - Peterborough, Canada

Dr Huynh prescribed me a capsule last time I was there and never told me to open it-I don't have heart burn issues but if I do I want to know the medication is working. Were you told to open the capsule?

Catw
on 7/30/13 7:30 am - Arnprior, Canada

I was told to open the capsule and put it on something I can swallow (not chew).  They said it may not be in my stomach long enough to dissolve the capsule enough to get the meds.  The beads inside actually don't have any taste, and opening the capsules is fairly easy.

Cathy

Monica9811
on 7/30/13 9:25 am - Peterborough, Canada

Thanks Cathy!

Nevergiveup28
on 7/30/13 10:05 am

I checked with the surgeons office and was advised after 3 months to go ahead and swallow the capsule whole. I asked if I would need a new prescription at my six month follow up and was told no. He said its used as a precautionary for the first six months then only if you need it after that.

Needanewbeginning
on 7/30/13 10:18 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

The ones we are given post op at HRRH are dissolving ones, and really are given to help our new pouch. After three months I was told we can move to tablets. You really need to dissolve these first and not just put them on your tongue. 

Hang in there pal angry

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

allikat1993
on 7/31/13 5:51 am - Canada

I take the Prevacid fast tabs they dissolve in your mouth and don't taste too bad.

Most Active
Recent Topics