Well, that makes the point, doesn't it?

chipmunk_roasting
on 7/31/13 12:32 pm, edited 7/31/13 12:36 pm - Ottawa, ON, Canada

I had my calories under 1200 every day last week, except that for three of those days, I counted over 500 calories from peanuts.  Yep, a cup or more of peanuts each day.  

Paid the price Monday night at TOPS - a gain of 2.4 pounds.  I know it's water weight, from salt, but nonetheless ... makes the point, clearly and precisely.  I've got head work to do.  

*sigh*  

Sorry for being a downer (ha!  not in weight, eh?)  Where else can I write this that people will understand?   

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

gwynnkitty
on 7/31/13 1:11 pm - North York, Canada

Totally get it. That's me and sunflower seeds. I've decided that I'm not buying any more. Blech.

Hang in there, lady!

Referral to Surgeon: February 12, 2013 Appointment with Surgeon: April 24, 2013 Endoscopy: April 30, 2013 Referral sent to Bariatric Registry: May 2, 2013 Orientation Appointment: May 27, 2013 Dr Klein Appointment: June 6, 2013 Second Upper GI Series: June 11 Dr Glazer: August 12, 2013 RN/RD/SW: August 29. 2013 Follow-up With Dr Klein: September 23, 2013 Start Opti: October 23, 2013 Surgery Date: November 14, 2013 

chipmunk_roasting
on 8/1/13 1:38 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

Absolute abstinence has got to be my way ... I have proven, without doubt, that I cannot have those suckers in the house.

I'm hanging :)

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

ToNewBeginnings
on 7/31/13 7:48 pm

I was about 20 pounds from goal when I started using a fitness tracker. That's when I discovered I had a 'peanut issue'. The calories in nuts really can add up.  I had to stop going to Picard Peanuts ha ha. (I love the wasabi coated ones - can't stop eating them!)

On the bright side you've been tracking every day and you know what to cut back on. I bet you'll be down next week!

chipmunk_roasting
on 8/1/13 1:41 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

Omy, yes, wasabi!  Thank goodness (?) wasabi and chili in quantity make my pouch hurt.  Lesson learned for nuts on those, for sure.

You're right, I track daily and it's hard to deny what I do when the numbers are right in my face.

And, for me, ingesting high fat/high carbs does add up to a yearning for more of the same.  

Oh the mindlessness, oh the humanity.  :)

mmm

JJ_
on 7/31/13 9:02 pm

Hey Marilyn,  Yes of course you can talk about your peanut issue!  Good luck in weaning yourself off of them.

Judy

chipmunk_roasting
on 8/1/13 1:47 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

Thanks, Judy -- I knew you'd get it.  :)

They're out of the house and won't be invited back.  Much like some of my less desirable relatives.  :)

*hugs*

mmm

Onward and
Downward

on 7/31/13 9:10 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Yup, nuts can be great, but only in very small doses.  My nuts are almonds.  But when I have them, I weigh them out and make sure I only have 1/2 to 1 ounce per serving (and no more than 1 serving per day - and most days I don't have nuts).  The fat and calories in them really add up!

Good for you for tracking!  I find it helps me so much to look at what proportions of fat, carbs and protein I've had on good days and not so good days.  Sometimes it's surprising and somewhat counterintuitive.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

chipmunk_roasting
on 8/1/13 1:51 am, edited 8/1/13 1:52 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

Thank you -- I had them weighed and portioned out and ate them to excess, anyway.

For now, and probably for a long time, they're just going to have to be the kind of thing that I keep measured, and portioned, and IN THE CAR, for occasional, on the road, no other food available, kind of treats.   (I'm not planning extensive trips in to the woods just for an excuse to eat them, either *grin*)

Tracking on MFP really brings it home to me, and deniability takes a hit. 

mmm

Vi-Vi
on 7/31/13 11:08 pm
VSG on 12/13/12

Wow, I so understand your issue!  I've been fighting nuts also!  Every weekend at the cottage everyone's eating peanuts & yap, I enjoy them too!  Then went to Costco last month & saw pistachios for a great price & had to buy them!  LOL. There all gone and guess who ate the majority of them! cool

I also  attend TOPS as that is the only support  in town!  Great support I may add! But after 2 weeks of not weighing in, & after eating peanuts & pistachios I had stayed the same!  I've been trying to watch as I'm at 34 weeks no gain!!  Like you said, all that salt would also retain water! 

Good luck & thanks for making this point even clearer for me!

Sylvie

HW: 352.6.  Opti wt: 331,   Surgery wt: 308. CW: 190.4

Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at the moment!!   --Eggface

Most Active
Recent Topics