1st day of Opti done.....Don't know if I can do this (maybe tmi)

Fabulous_by_Fifty
on 8/6/13 9:34 pm - Canada

So I got my 1st 3 Opti shakes in.  First 2 went ok other then the taste.  The last one around 8 last night whole different story.  I got a severe migraine then felt nauseous all night long.  Each time I woke up my body would shake thinking of the Opti.  At 6 this morning I got up went to the bathroom.  Went and laid back down then bam!  Started throwing up but it was mostly dry heaves.   Then during this it decided it would start on the other end.  I feel AWFUL!  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is this normal.  Will I go thru this for 3 weeks?

1st Referral sent - Jan 2012  2nd Referral sent - Jan 2013 - Orientation March 20,2013 -Nurse Practitioner April 15, 2013 Social Worker May 13, 2013 - Dietitian May 24, 2013 - Nutrition Class June 3, 2013 - Psychologist June 11, 2013 - Meet the Surgeon  July 5, 2013 Start Opti August 6, 2013 - PATTS  August 8, 2013 -Surgery (RNY) August 26, 2013 Dr Aarts TEGH                 

Jessica S.
on 8/6/13 10:02 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Call your doctor right away because you could be having an allergic reaction to it and if so they will put you on a different diet.

aidan
on 8/6/13 11:04 pm - Canada

Sounds like an allergic reaction for sure- no worries they will just put you on a different diet.

Patm
on 8/6/13 11:46 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Did you put anything else in thew opti? I could not ad anything with sweeteners into it since it already had a lot. I ended up only using coffee crystals. Would be good to check with your centre. Some people have been just put ion a special diet if they have a reaction

IngridH
on 8/7/13 12:27 am - Canada

The first few days can be hell. Headaches and diarrhea are common, and migraines and nausea/vomiting go hand in hand for me, but fortunately they don't continue for the duration. You should probably check with your doctor just to be sure though. Once you get past those first few days, the rest is relatively easy.

Mochalocks12
on 8/7/13 6:07 am - Canada
Definetly call!! I had the same things for three days, I was dehydrated and really sick. I had to switch what shakes I was using....I am in day 17 now and everything's good.... The headaches may sat a few day though even with a new diet....keep us posted....you can do this!

Referral July 30, 2013..VSG BY Dr. Lloyd Smith Aug 12, 2013.  Pre OPTI weight: 350. Sw331 CW190

Most Active
Recent Topics