Update on my plastics

Megan M.
on 8/6/13 9:14 pm - Canada

Hi everyone.  Saw doctor yesterday and looks like everything is going well.  I have a section of pinkness right across the mons that he wants to watch for formation, so am back on a weeks worth of antibiotics and see him next Tuesday.  Hopefully I can go home after that.  My scar is long, low, and red, but am sure it will look much better after my first shower this morning.  I get sharp pains in the strangest places such as upper thigh when I move to get up - the spot that hurts has nothing to do with surgical site.  I am wondering if the binder is depressing nerves in a few places, or perhaps surgical tape reaction, but I don't think it's that.

i was expecting to have more pain from the muscle tightening, so I've emailed to ask if it was actually done.  I just thought it would be more painful than it is right now.  Sure do look different in pants!  Have touched a few spots, and have little feeling which is pretty weird.  A good side effect of thesis that I feel like I did a month post rny whereI have absolutely no desire to eat.  Am back to eating because I need the nourishment

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Eileen C.
on 8/6/13 9:21 pm - Cornwall, Canada

Hi Megan

Glad to see you are up to posting, hope you get to go home soon!!

You are probably right about the binder that may cause pain in your upper thigh, and hopefully that will pass!!

I am sure that you look great in pants after your panni was removed and especially once the swelling goes away and of course the drains are removed!!

Glad to see your recovering going well!!

Take care

Eileen

my angel is Lisa48                                        
Megan M.
on 8/6/13 9:42 pm - Canada

That's for formation of seroma!  My ipad is acting up when I type things.  Seems to be missing words.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Needanewbeginning
on 8/7/13 12:29 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Sounds like your coming along. Be great to finally go home as well.

Keep well and so happy for you! 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

gwynnkitty
on 8/7/13 12:51 am - North York, Canada

Sounds like you're doing well! Here's hoping you're up and about and back to yourself soon! :)

Referral to Surgeon: February 12, 2013 Appointment with Surgeon: April 24, 2013 Endoscopy: April 30, 2013 Referral sent to Bariatric Registry: May 2, 2013 Orientation Appointment: May 27, 2013 Dr Klein Appointment: June 6, 2013 Second Upper GI Series: June 11 Dr Glazer: August 12, 2013 RN/RD/SW: August 29. 2013 Follow-up With Dr Klein: September 23, 2013 Start Opti: October 23, 2013 Surgery Date: November 14, 2013 

Laurie C.
on 8/7/13 5:46 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

very pleased for you, heal well and don't pu****  Be nice to you!!

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

gardeninggal
on 8/7/13 1:10 pm - Midland, Canada

thanks for the update Megan!  ...hope you are recovering well and remember:  rest and relax, time is on your sideangry

Most Active
Recent Topics