just wanted to say

lori1968
on 8/7/13 11:54 am

just wanted to say this has been very hard road to recovery i am 1 month out and i started having problems 3days    after surgery lots of acid still have it will be going for a scope friday if that wasent enought i have a infection in my large insicion it will not close the ccas comes at my house to change the banges 3 days a week yesterday i started having sharp pain in my left side i have only lost 6 lbs sins the hosp..... i just hope nothing els will go rong thanks for letting me vent i hope it will get better

Larbac66
on 8/7/13 12:32 pm - Canada

Sorry to hear about this! Hang in there it gets so much better. Don't worry about the weight loss it will kick in soon! Your body has been thrrough so much and with your complications it will take a little longer! Hang in there.

Joan

gonna_B_thinner
on 8/7/13 12:37 pm

Wow I really hope your recovery starts to become easier and without anymore events.  Take care feel better soon. 

Megan M.
on 8/7/13 7:03 pm - Canada

Sorry to hear about your rough recovery.  Hope things turn around for you soon.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Camilla
on 8/7/13 9:40 pm - Toronto, Canada
Sorry to hear this. Wishing you a speedy and thorough recovery!
Mary A.
on 8/8/13 12:18 am

having been around in "this world" almost 7 years..believe me I have heard many, many stories like yours both at my local support group and online....it will get better, and a year from now you will be the post-bariatric patient telling others what you went through and that it was ALL WORTH IT.

No to "play" the roll of doctor, but your pain could be associated with the infection or it could be gas that has been built up, make sure to tell your doctor everything  I assume they gave you a prescription for the infeciton or have some course of treatment?~!!

Keep your head up~!, it's just the beginning of a truly wonderful life..you know how there is that saying (you have to pay your dues)...

unfortunatly this is the time...after all our years of abusing our bodies with no exercise, eating the wrong foods or too much foods...this is part of our payback and it won't last forever.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Dar_Mab
on 8/8/13 1:19 am, edited 8/8/13 1:19 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Sorry to hear about the rough patch you are going through.  Hang in there... deal with each issue as it comes... it will get better!    A whole lot better!   I, too, had a sharp pain on left side that started about 5 days after surgery.   Even went to the surgeon to check it out. Turned out to be nothing really... just part of the healing going on inside.  Only last about 3 days and then went awy.

Hang in there!

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

Most Active
Recent Topics