5 months post op -- some pics & comments

Dar_Mab
on 8/13/13 9:59 am, edited 8/13/13 10:08 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Hi Everyone.  I am now 5 months post op.  I have lost 114 lbs to date (this includes 33 lbs before surgery)    Above are 2 photos - one taken on Feb 20, 2013 just before my surgery on March 8.  The other was taken today, Aug 13. I have gone from size 28/30 to 18.     My hair is way shorter and I am loving it.  The hair loss doesn't even phase me because I have layers and a funky new cut!

I have been working on not only my cardio but floor exercises and weights and even bought a ball recently.  Trying hard to build the muscle in the arms which so far I am pleased is working.   I am doing stuff that I haven't done in a long time - cycling,  kayaking, bit of jogging to name a few!        I get comments almost every day telling me how great I look to the point it is almost embarrassing at work now.   I went to party recently and saw someone I haven't seen in probably 8 months. We had an entire conversation for 20 minutes.  I thought she knew who I was.   Two hours later she came over to me and apologized. She said she had no idea who I was at the time as she didn't recognize me with the weight loss and 13" off my hair gone.   It was hilarious.  Lots of people who I don't see often at work have to do double takes now -- even those in my own dept !

It has been a wild ride.    I found the dress that I am wearing at Value Village.  I just raided the North Bay, Thunder Bay and this weekend the Orillia Value villages trying to find good work clothes and casual clothes that will now taken me into fall, winter and even next spring or get away during the winter.        I have replaced my wardrobe a number of times now.     The only way I could it is is via the VV Boutqiue!  LOL     

I love Gloria Vanderbilt jeans but now that Zellers isn't in business the only way I can find them (that I  am aware of) is ordering online and paying shipping etc from the US.   Since I have no idea what sizes to get and how long I will be in each size, it is very expensive so I have hesitated to do that.   So imagine my pleasant surprise while vacationing in Thunder Bay to find 10 pairs that range from size 18 down to size 12   and most for the average of $6.   So I snapped them all up.   This past weekend I found skirts and dresses that will also take me down to size 12.   So now I have a spare "closet" to shop from at home.  LOL

I am officially no longer a customer of Penningtons. Was there on the weekend and their smallest size is now too big.

My 6 month check up is next month. in Guelph.  Just did all my blood work so will have to see how things are going behind the scenes.  

Love my RNY!

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

muknanav
on 8/13/13 10:11 am - Erin, Canada

What a wonderful post! You look fabulous, fit and HAPPY! So pleased to hear how well you're doing. And wow, great job snapping up the deals at VV! 

Anita

5'8" ~ HW: 350 ~ Starting Weight at Guelph: 338 ~ Starting Weight on Opti: 313 ~ Surgery Weight: 298 

RNY July 17, 2013 ~ Dr Foute-Nelong ~ CW: 159

gwynnkitty
on 8/13/13 10:15 am - North York, Canada

You. Look. AMAZING!!! :) What an inspiration!! :)

Referral to Surgeon: February 12, 2013 Appointment with Surgeon: April 24, 2013 Endoscopy: April 30, 2013 Referral sent to Bariatric Registry: May 2, 2013 Orientation Appointment: May 27, 2013 Dr Klein Appointment: June 6, 2013 Second Upper GI Series: June 11 Dr Glazer: August 12, 2013 RN/RD/SW: August 29. 2013 Follow-up With Dr Klein: September 23, 2013 Start Opti: October 23, 2013 Surgery Date: November 14, 2013 

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/13 10:27 am - Kitchener, Canada

All I can say is...WOW. Amazing.

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/13 10:32 am - Straford, Canada

You look awesome, love the stories, congrats on your success and best wishes for many more to come!  kiss

Laurie C.
on 8/13/13 10:37 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Congrats, you look great, enjoy the ride

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

KerryF.
on 8/13/13 10:39 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13
You look AMAZING!! Such an inspiration! 114lbs in 5 month awesome!

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

G_mama_d
on 8/13/13 10:42 am - North Bay, Canada
You look fantastic and are truly an inspiration.

RNY - Dec 18/2013

HW- 333 lbs. Approved for Surgery- 285.4 SW- 272.  GW-160-180

time2changeme
on 8/13/13 10:51 am

Big Hugs!!!  I'm so proud of you!  Your looking fantastic .... l love your smile!

They say a picture is worth a thousand words and your pictures are living proof of that!

Thanks for all your support and inspiration! angry

zillah
on 8/13/13 10:59 am

You look like a totally different person.  I love your new dress, a very classy look for an attractive slim lady.  I really enjoyed reading your post about your success and how your enjoying your life more now.  

Most Active
Recent Topics