Bariatric Advantage Vitamins?

Chelsea1
on 8/19/13 1:56 am - Canada
I tried to get these vitamins at the Hamilton St Joes Pharm and online through their website with no luck.

Does anyone one how I can get the multi? Hamilton requires prenatal non-chewable but I can't stand smashing them.

Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 8/19/13 1:59 am, edited 8/19/13 2:01 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I ordered some off amazon.ca.  Try this link, if it doesn't work just go to amazon.ca and type in Bariatric Advantage.  Shipping was reasonable.

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_9?url=search-alias%3 Daps&field-keywords=bariatric%20advantage&sprefix=bariatric% 2Caps%2C356&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Abariatric%20advantage

ETA:  There is no iron at all in their vitamins so you will have to supplement separately.

Needanewbeginning
on 8/19/13 2:13 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Many of us at HRRH use the Costco brand pre natel vits. We dont crush them either. I did the first two weeks, then I cut them in half, now have been taking them whole for over a month. They are very inexpensive and come in huge bottles.

Annette enlightened

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Mary A.
on 8/19/13 4:56 am
On August 19, 2013 at 9:13 AM Pacific Time, Needanewbeginning wrote:

Many of us at HRRH use the Costco brand pre natel vits. We dont crush them either. I did the first two weeks, then I cut them in half, now have been taking them whole for over a month. They are very inexpensive and come in huge bottles.

Annette enlightened

sorry Annette..I know everyone has their own guidance from NUTS etc.

..but huge  bottlesand inexpensive doesn't necessarily mean (the best) for your body, especially after Bariatric surgery..JMHO and people don;t have to agree that's perfectly fine..I just have always used a bariatric formulated vitamin..because I figure I'm worth the extra bit it costs....because I don't spend that on junk food anymore.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Chelsea1
on 8/19/13 2:44 am - Canada
Oh my gosh Annette thank you so much!

Hennagirliegirl
on 8/19/13 3:00 am - Canada

hey Annette, I hope I didn't mislead people about the centrum chewables....the dietician did say she only likes them for the first 3 months. I'll switch to the costco prenatal vit's after my first three months, do you take one a day or twice a day?

The nurse showed me the new liquid calcium citrate costco is now carrying, are you aware of it?

Gotta love costco!

Terri

Needanewbeginning
on 8/19/13 2:03 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I also use the one from Costco, Wellese liquid. Tastes yucky, at least after three months if it, but its needed right? Maybe I will switch to a chewable one day, but I have another three month supply from Costco, they had a sale a few weeks ago.

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Mary A.
on 8/19/13 4:54 am

I have used Bariatric Advantage multi vitamins for almost 5 years and love them....they were suppose to have a central shipping point in Canada, not sure if they do yet or not..I have mine shipped to a postal ppick up as I am 15 minutes from the MInnesota border.

I love these and they actually taste decent

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Needanewbeginning
on 8/19/13 6:52 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13
No problem your absolutely entitled to your opinion and of course to decide on what is best for you, my input was simply letting the original poster know what I use. Kirkland brand to be honest have slightly more ingredients than the BA brand by the way and so true inexpensive and huge bottles do not in any way mean they are a poor quality product which in this case, these are not.

Annette

Nathalie_Can
on 8/19/13 10:29 am

I order mine from their website directly ans since I use the auto-renew, ahipping is free...I get an email to let me know when one of the, is about to pre-ship and it arrives about 3 days after...i love it, i never have to order them after the first initial set-up.

let me know if you have more questions

nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Most Active
Recent Topics