Advice needed please

needmylifeback
on 8/27/13 10:24 am
Hello all

Feeling kinda depressed and need some advice.

Since I am still in the assessment stage ( have my sw and nut class next week) I have decided to start making life style changes now. 3 months ago I quit all caffeine and pop, which for me was major!!!

Now I am on to cutting back on portion sizes and eating out I have a start date of sept first for this stage. I started a food journal two weeks ago and it is honestly not too bad. Plus I am somewhat active

Now the advice I need is..... Since quiting pop I have substituted my drinks for water and crystal lite drops.
But I seem to have put on approx 7-10 lbs this past summer.

I don't drink much alcohol, and haven't been over indulging in junk
I am feeling upset cause I am finally at Rick bottom and want to to this right but feel like I am getting fatter by the week

Has anyone else experienced this? I have insulin resistance due to my PCOS, and didn't know if my cutting back on sugar would cause my body to freak.

Any advice appreciated

Ref sent March 27th. Orientation June 27th 2013. Nurse Consult Aug 19. Social-worker and nutrition class Sept 3  SLEEP study Sept 3rd  Doctor Consult Sept 27th...canceled, now Nov 11. Social worker (2ndappt) Oct24   Dietitian Oct 24  Physio appt Dec 13  and final windsorappt post op class Dec 19 Surgery April 8th

Charlene Straus
on 8/27/13 10:58 am - Mississauga, Canada

Have you cut back too much? Are you getting a good balance of Protein Fats and Carbs? Your liver will over produce sugars if you aren't getting a fair amount of Carbs. When I don't get enough Carbs, my body goes wonky. Sugars go crazy and I gain weight.

Leslie W.
on 8/27/13 11:31 am - Cobourg, Canada

Sounds like you have made some great positive changes.Planning on monitoring portion sizes and what you are eating is also a great step. Eating out has a horrible way of letting those calories creep in. You can still go out but jus****ch the sauces and salad dressings.

you can do this!

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Diminishing Dawn
on 8/27/13 11:39 am - Windsor, Canada

Are you logging?  How many calories? How many carbs? 

If you aren't logging, you may not realize the extent of what you are taking in.  That's why I still need to log.  It's too easy to take in more than you need. 

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

csmith74
on 8/30/13 10:15 am

What I found that helped me was 6 mini meals a day. Basically you have your three meals but you cut them smaller so your not feeling hungry. I was in a group that told me I wasn't eating enough calories in a day and I was frustrated at first, but then the weight started coming off bit by bit. Now since I've had the surgery, I am at a better place to eat how the dietician wants you to eat as you need to have more smaller meals during the day. I hope this helps somewhat and good luck! I'm sure you will figure it out (it can be many different things that is happening).

Most Active
Recent Topics