What are you eating/doing today? (Sunday)

Onward and
Downward

on 9/7/13 10:06 pm, edited 9/7/13 10:06 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Hi everyone, since I'm up I guess I'll start the thread this morning. :)

Yesterday I went to Costco and loaded up on protein shakes and some other things.  Lately I've been finding myself concentrating on what my son needs and wants when I go shopping since it's new that he's living with us, and I've been forgetting to focus on myself as well - so I find myself out of this or that thing that I need for my own menu.  So yesterday I got my protein shakes, got some protein-rich foods, and today I'm going to try and plan a way for myself to fit everything into the day - packing food for work, getting onto OH and MFP to track it, etc.  I think it's going to involve packing and tracking the food the night before for the next day.

I have a bunch of stuff to do today - an errand that I didn't get to yesterday, plus a bunch of work to do from a volunteer thing that I do (and that I'm going to drop in December when my current term doing it ends - I want to see it through).  It's a shifting priorities thing now that my kid is with us full time.

Exercise today...not sure.  I was thinking I might walk to the theatre where I have to get gift certificates - it's the Panasonic Theatre on Yonge near Wellesley (or so), so I think the walk might take a little over an hour.  I hesitate to do it, though, simply because my knee isn't great yet and I worry that it will hurt afterwards.  I think I'll walk as far there as possible and then just stop if my knee starts bothering me.  Or, maybe I'll skip that walk and go to swim laps instead around noon.  We'll see.

10 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - Premier Protein shake

S - 1 oz roasted chick peas

L - 1/2 cup light ricotta/vanilla/splenda with 1 cup mixed berries (raspberries and blackberries)

S - Something portable - a couple of small turkey pepperettes maybe.

D - 1 stuffed pepper from Costco - it has no nutrition info on it, so I'll estimate it by putting all the ingredients I can figure out into MFP. There's ground beef mixed with rice in the stuffing (more ground beef than rice - I had one last night for supper). And I'll put my own leftover tomato sauce on it.

S - Not sure - probably a glass of skim milk.  I'll count it, anyhow.

TOTALS: 97g protein, 35g fat, 72 carbs (54 net carbs), 982 calories

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

DeidreB
on 9/7/13 11:53 pm

Good morning Michelle and all!

Cabbagetown festival today and then I will print off and read articles for the class I have later this week (ugh) but only 2 more courses and then I will happily close the book on formal education forever.  

I'm also committed to stretch out the intervals I pull out the scale to weekly, I've gone from daily to every 2-3 days.  So no scale until next Sunday.  Finally happy to report pulling out a pair of jeans and shirt I haven't been able to fit into for 15 years.

5 weeks post RNY

B - 1/3 c ricotta w vanilla, splenda and 1/4 c blueberries and bran buds

L - egg, 1 slice extra lean back bacon, 1/2 slice cheddar and v. small smear of ketchup

D - 2 oz smoked salmon w 1 Tbsp of cream cheese rollups

S - 1/2 c SF/FF pudding w 1 Tbsp pro powder

S - 1/2 c FF chili w 1 Tbsp pro powder

All vitamins/meds and water

Totals: 759 Cal, 48Carb, 25 Fat, 68 Protein

Patm
on 9/7/13 11:54 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good luck with your walk. Take care of your knee

I am hoping to get out on my bike today. I am feeling a little guilty since today is the MS ride which I did last year. I did sponsor my son at least.

Having trouble figuring out my diet lately . I am going to make a lot of pasta today. Some for my daughter and her boyfriend who are coming for dinner and some to freeze for my husband. I will have a little of that.

b greek yogurt, granola, blueberries

l. chicken , peach, melba toast

s. protein bar

d.shell pasta with chicken, cabbage salad

s. chocolate almond milk

I will need to add more to the calories to correct the totals

cal 771, fat 16.5, carb 80, prot 68.7

Julia P.
on 9/8/13 1:26 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

RNY, 10.5 Months Post-Op

Good morning! I just got back from a 10K run - beautiful morning for it!  We have some housework/errands to run and the kids have swimming later this afternoon.

I had a very bad night of eating last night - we had friends over and I had way more bruschetta than I planned.  Then later that night I had some of the banana bread that my friend brought over. Way too many carbs and calories, and the scale reflected that this morning.  So back to my usual eating today.  I need to stop eating so much at night!

Here's my plan for the day:

B - 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1 peach cut up into the yogurt, SF syrup, 1/2 tbsp. Skinny B cereal

S - Post-run premier shake with PB2, Quest PB cup

L - Leftover salmon in a salad with cesar dressing, hemp hearts, cucumbers, tomatoes

S - Pepperettes, cheese string

D - Butter Chicken, Asparagus, SF pudding with 1 tbsp PB mixed in

S - Jello, 1/4 cup blueberries

Totals - 1,494 calories, 80g carbs, 75g fat, 137g protein

Have a great day!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

Lolabug
on 9/8/13 3:25 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

6.5 weeks postop .

b - vanilla Greek yogurt

s - premier protein shake

L - boccincini with fresh salsa

s - protein shake 

d - thinking meatball with tomato sauce

s - protein shake 

Oh, and a bit of a NSV, two fall jackets that Julia gave gave me fit, and they actually do up!

Julia P.
on 9/8/13 8:19 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12
That's an awesome NSV!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

hibbyangel
on 9/8/13 6:01 am - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

7.5 weeks  Post- RNY

B-1/3 c. special K protein cereal, 1/4 1%milk +4 slices banana

S-premier protein shake

L- 1/2 c. chicken chili

S- cheese stick

D- 2 oz trout, 2 tbsp steamed broccoli

S- Premier protein Shake

As for exercise, my sister and I ran 5 km this morning around the harbor in Collingwood. 

JenH1969
on 9/8/13 6:24 am - Brighton, Ontario, Canada
Br- protein shake
Sp- chicken, carrots, squash
Sn- tuna, grapes

I started out late so missed lunch.

SMILES~JEN 
SW-296 lbs,CW-240 lbs,GW-150 lbs
               ~Don't let what you want NOW affect what you want MOST~
                                           WE CAN DO THIS!!

Most Active
Recent Topics