What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

Onward and
Downward

on 9/15/13 8:26 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Morning everyone!  Hope you're all doing well.  I'm back from visiting my grandmother and she's recovering well from the heart attack - we've been joking that the woman is a tank - nothing can bring her down! :)  So we're pretty happy about that.  She's still in hospital but recovering nicely - they're just keeping her in until they're completely happy with her bloodwork.

Busy week ahead, as always, but I've promised myself that this week I'm going to prepare my lunches and snacks the night before, and track them on OH in the morning.  And I am going to go swimming this morning too, for the first time in a few weeks - just haven't been able to with the work schedule, but today I'm making it a priority since I can't do it Wednesday due to a downtown meeting that day.

10 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - Premier Protein shake

S - 1 oz roasted chick peas

L - 1/2 leftover bean and cheese taco (restaurant, so they're big, which is why I'm only having half), with 2 tbsps leftover restaurant rice

S - 1/2 cup light ricotta/vanilla/splenda mix, with 1/2 oz almonds and 1/2 cup raspberries (running out of berries!)

D - The family will have spaghetti and meatballs, and the meatballs will be cooked up with lots of onions and strips of bell peppers.  I'll have 6 small meatballs and tomato sauce with some of the peppers and onions, no spaghetti, and a couple of tbsps of light parmesan sprinkled on top.

S - Glass of skim milk

TOTALS: 104g protein, 41g fat, 83 carbs (65 net carbs), 1152 calories

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Onward and
Downward

on 9/15/13 8:36 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

By the way, sorry I didn't get back to the previous thread where many of you wished me well for my grandmother.  Thanks for your good thoughts.

Julia, happy belated birthday!  I also meant to respond to you about your new job - it sounds like we're having similar journeys that way lately - both of us with a new job, both of us doing a bit of stress eating but trying to keep it under control.  Congrats on your 5K run yesterday - you're an inspiration. I can't run - bad knee - but I'm going back to swimming, darn it! :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Julia P.
on 9/16/13 2:01 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

Thanks, Michelle, for the b-day wishes and for the congrats on the run!  Yes, I'm definitely feeling like we're living parallel lives here - hopefully we can both keep to our plans and not let the stress get to us too much!

Enjoy your swimming - I am actually thinking of starting lap swimming this Fall - I used to really enjoy swimming and it would be better on the kness/joints!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

birdiegirl
on 9/15/13 8:44 pm

RNY  4 Years 5 Months Post Op

Morning

Full day at work today....meeting my trainer this evening to see if I like working out in the evening.....dont think its for me but we will see

STEPS - 6790 plus 6 staircases

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 5 oz tex mex chicken

1/4 cup of shredded habanero

D - 4 oz turkey

3/4 cup of mashed turnips

1/2 cup of splenda cranberries

S - 4 oz turkey

1/2 cup of splenda cranberries

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 942,  Carbs - 39 grams,  Fat - 27 grams,  Protein - 122 grams

All water - vits

Have a great one   mail

Onward and
Downward

on 9/15/13 8:54 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I enjoy walking in the evening, and I liked taking yoga in the evening, but I hear you on the working out in the evening thing - not sure I would be so into that.  I like doing cardio stuff in the morning - not that I do a ton of it, but I find swimming in the morning really wakes me up and gets me moving.  Good luck with your workout!

kellybelly333
on 9/16/13 12:22 am - Toronto, Canada

I DESPISE working out at night. Let me know what you think!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

TanyaLH
on 9/15/13 9:30 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13
Good morning everyone.
B 1/2 multigrain English muffin with of cheese am coffee
L spicy chili made with ground chicken
S Greek yogurt
D 1/2 tuna wrap and salad
S hummus with broccoli 1/2 cup milk
Have a great day

Tanya

Patm
on 9/15/13 11:06 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning al. Need to curb my night eating. I was hungry last night but forgot to stop. the last week has been a lot of emotional eating. Lots to talk about at psych appointment. I think the change in weather has me over reacting to many things.

b. greek yogurt, granola, raspberries

s. baby bel

l chili, peach

s. protein powder, almond milk

d pea and ham soup

s chocolate pudding, later chocolate almond milk heated.

cal 924, fat 19.3, fib 17.2, carb 93.7, prot 75.6

franky13
on 9/15/13 11:10 pm

6 wks 4 days post RNY

Had a wild busy weekend, got lots of walking in.

Today is a busy work day and a busy activity time with my kids in the evening.  Hopefully walking tonight by the lake :)

B - Premier Protein Shake Chocolate

S - Finesse Yogurt

L - Tuna wrap, with calories wise mayo

D - chicken drumstick baked, no skin, 1/2 cup skim milk and green beans

Feeling great about getting more water in 8-10 cups :)

Happy Week to all!

Referred September 2012, HHRH Orientation December 2012, Meet with surgeon January 2013, Meet with and testing with Dr Glazer May 2013, PATTS July 4, 2013 - 325lbs, Surgery HRRH August 1st, 2013 - 299lbs, second surgery late August 2nd to drain fluid, Discharged August 5th - 294lbs, reached 1/2 way to goal at 16 wks, MOM of three kids, married for 13 years :)

DeidreB
on 9/15/13 11:39 pm

Good morning all.  I've been absent from tracking the last 3 days, starting to get busy and not working on those days so I will need to make tracking a bigger priority in order to ensure it happens.

Studying today (ugh), will get my partner to stab me for B12 shot and then book myself a massage for this weekend as a treat before I'm back to work next Monday.

6 + weeks RNY

B 1/2 c light ricotta, vanilla, splenda and 3/4 peach, 1/4 cup NSA chapman's butterscotch ripple with crushed meds

L 1/2 c fat free chili w 1 Tbsp unflavoured pro powder

S 1/2 c SF/FF chocolate pudding w 1 Tbsp chocolate pro powder

D 1/2 grilled chicken breast leftover from Lone Star dinner last night + 1/2 honeycrisp apple

S 1/2 c Beanladies balsamic/sweet onion roasted soybeans (yum)

TOTALS: 79 protein, 30 fat, 60 net carbs, 870 calories

all vitamins/meds

exercise: begin couch to 5K podcast OR Jillian Michael's video (for beginners) which might kill me.

Have a happy day! 

Most Active
Recent Topics