Stress is still a trigger even at almost 5 years post-op

Mary A.
on 9/26/13 5:35 am

I never thought of myself as an emotional eater..who was I kidding, then and now.

I recently returned from Toronto while dropping off my daughter to attend University, we had a fender bender (no one was hurt), but I drove my vehicle back to Thunder Bay contacted the claims person, brought my vehicle into a body shop (it was there 3 weeks) before I  got a call just yesterday from the claims person saying they were writing the vehicle off..WHAT...we still owe almost $8,000 on it.

then it began, 2 snicker doodle cookies, 2 date squares..I don;t even like date squares... about 10 jujubes, would have been more but I know going overboard causes dumping for me, that's all that was holding me back on those oy yeah...and a cheese croissant.

Today the stress is just about the same, but I had my protein bar and apple and now I have sunflower seeds that I have to shell or I know the Skor bar someone made in the coffee room would be raided by me...so it's still here..the

oh well it will subside...I just hate dealing with all the (after) parts that come with something like this and by writing this for all to see....I am accountable to myself.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Patm
on 9/26/13 5:43 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I find this kind of eating hard because it is like an out of body experience for me. The rational part knows not to eat it but the emotional side just takes over. I hope life improves for you. Good luck with getting back on track

kellybelly333
on 9/26/13 7:29 am - Toronto, Canada

I find that there are days when it's too stressful and I have fallen into the same path. What makes me relieved, thus far, is that it remains a day....maybe not even a day but a part of a day. I hate myself all through it. I hate that food eases the pain, and sometimes I have been sick by it (going back to 9 months post op, Easter Cream egg incident, followed by milk...equals the worst four hours of my life...). But even with that pain I went through....the stress of my husband moving out was out of my head for awhile. I got therapy...and it works for day to day stuff (I don't really think of it anymore). But when stress it at it's highes****ch out!

Take care of yourself. I hope things work out for you. You are not alone with the stress eating.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Most Active
Recent Topics