New to this!

CassieM
on 10/21/13 4:49 am - St.Thomas, Canada

Hi there!!!

My name is Cassie and I am 30 from St.Thomas On! I am going for orientation in Hamilton next month and I'm very excited!! I have been doing lots of research and love getting more info about weight loss surgery! I have type 2 diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis. My family doctor wasnt my referring doctor. He and I don't always see eye to eye so my diabetic doctor is the one that sent my referral in. Wondering if anyone else has had surgery without their family doc in their corner? I'm worried they won't like that he's not on board. 

Thanks for any and all input!!

Cassie 

Pez
on 10/21/13 5:32 am - Oshawa, Canada

Although it was my family doctor that referred me she definitely was not on board.  She tried to talk me out of it, but sent in the referral.  After that there wasn't any contact with her through the clinics so I'm thinking it's not a big deal.

CBarnes11
on 10/21/13 5:41 am - Port Hope, Canada
RNY on 12/19/13

I don' think you have a great deal to worry about.  I am almost at the end of my appointment process and since the referral there has been no contact with my referring physician. 

Good luck on your journey.

Cindy

Diminishing Dawn
on 10/21/13 5:50 am - Windsor, Canada

I would highly suggest avidly seeking a new family doctor.  Call your local medical society.  

You need another doctor to help monitor you labs for life.  

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

CassieM
on 10/21/13 6:17 am - St.Thomas, Canada

Thanks everyone. I'm sure my family doctor will ok after the fact. He really just doesn't seem to like to refer me for anything. He wasnt the one *****ferred me on to an Internalist either, but he is sent copies of all my tests and calls if he notices anything "off". So I'm sure he will be good with aftercare. 

Have many people here gone thru Hamilton? Just wondering how your experience was? I know 2 people that have recently had weight loss surgery and both have done thru Windsor 

Northernlightsmom
on 10/21/13 10:05 am - Canada

Hi....I am from St. Thomas too. I am still pre op but approved and am waiting for my date with the surgeon in Toronto. It is not your family doctor that approves you for this surgery so no worries if he is not on board yet. I am though surprised you got sent to Hamilton as I too was sent to Windsor.

Good luck

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

burg_vs
on 10/21/13 10:30 am

I had my rny sep 20 in Hamilton.  The staff was very nice at the hospital.  Was a long process for me, although that can be said for most of us.

welcome!

CassieM
on 10/21/13 12:22 pm - St.Thomas, Canada

I'm so happy to hear that someone else went thru Hamilton!!! I was starting to thinking I was the first and only! Lol. I know I'm not, it just seems like everyone else in this area gets sent to Toronto. I'm so excited at this chance to get healthy and feel better. I so badly want things to go smoothly 

Most Active
Recent Topics