uuuggghhh infection!!

mispysmom
on 10/31/13 3:49 am - elliot lake, Canada
i knew everything was going along too well lol. i had to go to emerg last night, aparently i have an infection in my larger incision (the one with the stitches) grossss!! now i have to take these nasty stank antibiotucs four times a day and they do not come in liquid form pills r sooo hard for me right now, i have a super sensitive gag reflex....lets hope it goes away soon!!

Amanda

Patm
on 10/31/13 3:52 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sorry to hear about the infection. Hope it heals fast. Can you break the pills in half?

mispysmom
on 10/31/13 4:18 am - elliot lake, Canada
right now im breaking them in six peices so i can take them....it feels like im constantly taking pills if u include my vitemins, i does look.much better now tho...so.fingers crossed!!

Amanda

Nerak
on 10/31/13 4:12 am - Canada

Oh god - sorry! I hope youget better soon!

Nerak

Surgery date is Oct. 17th, 2013 in Ottawa. I was referred to the clinic in September 2012. The person performing my surgery is Dr Amy Neville. 

KerryF.
on 10/31/13 4:39 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

Now why couldn't they give you an antibiotic cream  would be so much easier!!

Do you have a pill splitter?  much cleaner to cut pills then trying to do it with a knife on the counter

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

mispysmom
on 10/31/13 4:48 am - elliot lake, Canada
i even told them about my rny....but nope giant sized pills lol oh well gotta do it i guess

Amanda

merry1
on 10/31/13 6:56 am - Canada

You can also get a pill crusher, it has a screw top, you powderize the pill and mix it with yogourt.  I have to chop up the pill before i put it in the pulverizer but it does work...

zephie
on 10/31/13 7:04 am - Moose Factory, Canada

Here's hoping the treatment isn't worse than the infection...I hear ya about the pills...and I got a strong gag reflex..but much beetet now...wishing you all the best with your recovery!!!

Orientation - Feb. 19 & 20/13 - NP,Nut, Psych, - Mar. 14/13 - Sleep Study - Mar. 24/13 - OTN with Dr. Sullivan - June 28/13  On my way!!! Preop Sept 25/13  -  SURGERY OCTOBER 22/13!!!!!!!!

It's not how you start this life...it's how well you finish it...& I plan to finish it with gusto!!!!

zephie
on 10/31/13 7:22 am - Moose Factory, Canada

For some reason I can't reply to your message...but the answer is yes ....you can eat wild meat...needs to be cooked very well...not even slightest bit rare..moist heat...to prevent probs it must have been bled really really well...hope this helps....Jen took about about 3 months before she tried it...and then only in small amount to test her pouch!!

Orientation - Feb. 19 & 20/13 - NP,Nut, Psych, - Mar. 14/13 - Sleep Study - Mar. 24/13 - OTN with Dr. Sullivan - June 28/13  On my way!!! Preop Sept 25/13  -  SURGERY OCTOBER 22/13!!!!!!!!

It's not how you start this life...it's how well you finish it...& I plan to finish it with gusto!!!!

BIGJAY1972
on 10/31/13 8:45 am

ughh sorry to hear that. hope you heal up quickly.

Most Active
Recent Topics