Food Journal for the Nutritionist Appointment

shoshanaApr2013
on 10/31/13 1:00 pm
Hi guys,

For those of you who have already met with your Nutritionist...

I understand that they want to see at least a week's worth of food journaling. At the initial meeting are they expecting your current diet to meet a certain daily calorie allowance or to have already adopted all the sugar per serving and protein expectation guidelines?

Thanks.

Referral: Apr 2013; Orientation (HRRH): Aug 12, 2013; 1st Surgeon Appt (Dr Sohi): Aug 23, 2013; SW/RD/RN: Nov 8, 2013; Internist (Dr Glazer): Nov 14, 2013; 2nd Surgeon Appt: Nov 20, 2013; Start Opti: Jan 3, 2013; PATTS: Jan 16, 2014; Surgery: Jan 24, 2014

Mandalious
on 10/31/13 1:32 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/03/13

They want to see if you started to apply what you learned in Orientation.

to see if you have started to make healthy changes.

if you haven't the nutritionist will give you goals to work on and make even require you to come back and re visit her and review another weeks worth. I could delay you in the process a little bit.

but be honest. No point in lying. The scale will prove you haven't made changed or went back to old ways,some point see this as a race to surgery, you have to use each appointment to the fullest and learn from it. You are gonna have to master eatting health after surgery. Work on it now :)

Referral May 17 '13 / Orientation June 17 '13 / Meeting w Dr Hagen June 26 '13 / RN,RD,SW July 31 '13 / Dr.Glazer Sept 3 '13/ Sleep Study Sept 5 '13 /2nd app w Dr Hagen Sept 16 '13 / F/U w  Dr Glazer  Sept 23 '13 / PRATTS Nov 14 '13/ Surgery Dec 3rd '13

shoshanaApr2013
on 10/31/13 1:45 pm
Thanks. I've been really working on breaking some of my major habits. I stopped drinking diet pop, stopped drinking from straws, stopped drinking during meals (which has been a lot more difficult than I thought it would be), and chewing, chewing, chewing! I've also increased my protein intake and avoid dry foods.

I've been working on portion control but can do better. I have a plan to roll out the other habits I learned in Orientation and through reading books like Mindless Eating, but I'm not all the way there yet... I'm aiming for manageable baby steps, I just hope it's enough to avoid stalling the process as I should have everything else well underway by the time the Opti phase rolls around. I've lost about 10 lbs since late August.

Referral: Apr 2013; Orientation (HRRH): Aug 12, 2013; 1st Surgeon Appt (Dr Sohi): Aug 23, 2013; SW/RD/RN: Nov 8, 2013; Internist (Dr Glazer): Nov 14, 2013; 2nd Surgeon Appt: Nov 20, 2013; Start Opti: Jan 3, 2013; PATTS: Jan 16, 2014; Surgery: Jan 24, 2014

daisies109
on 10/31/13 10:01 pm

HI there, I am also through HRRH and with Dr. Sohi as well. It sounds like you are doing great things to make improvements!! Keep it up. When I went, I was honest. I was eating much healthier in terms of a more balanced diet, but my portions were still much greater then what they should be, but I added to my food journal a refection at the bottom stating things like...feeling really positive today, hunger is managed well, or feeling hungry today and emotionally a little down, etc whatever I was feeling that day. Again, I had made many small victories in changing my diet such as giving up caffeine and pop by the time I went to see the nutritionist, and she was surprisingly very pleased with my progress. What I took away from that meeting was that she was pleased to see my awareness into what I was eating and my emotions attached to it. She did agree that portion control was something to improve on, but she was very happy with the slow progress and lifestyle changes that I had slowly implemented into my life. I was cleared that day. Best of luck on your continued journey. Keep us posted on your progress

Daisies

happypants
on 10/31/13 2:41 pm - Ottawa, Canada

When I went to my first nutritionist appointment I brought just what I eat.

I listed an approximate amount of food. So it I at mashed potatoes for example I would list an approximate amount with what was added. I listed exactly what I at for lunch, dinner, breakfast snacks etc 

The NUT wants to see what your eating habits are so she can help find a way to guide you to eat better.

I wouldn't worry to much about this appointment, its very enlightening.

All the best with your weight loss journey .....Its a wild ride !!

Ann 

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

kellybelly333
on 11/1/13 12:19 am - Toronto, Canada

H Ann!!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

happypants
on 11/2/13 8:29 am - Ottawa, Canada

Hi Kelly!!

Not wanting to hijack this thread but how the heck are you?!?!?! I just read your post about the marathon, wow girl that is fantastic. I miss all of you :-)

Ann

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Most Active
Recent Topics