Went from kick in the face to a huge grin!! All in one week

needmylifeback
on 11/8/13 3:44 am
So the week started off Monday with being told I missed the first Dr consult appt. I felt so upset!!!!!

It ended up it was a major screw up and they got me an appt for today

So I got to finally meet the Dr. And was told I am his first ever patient he has given the green light to, on the first consult!!! Yahoo

So now I just have my physio (dec 13) and pre-op class, then I am off to Toronto

The Dr told me that that once my file gets to the surgeon in Toronto it could take between 2 to 10 months to meet the surgeon get my opti and have the gastric bypass.

Is this time line accurate? I find Windsor so slow with booking appts

Ref sent March 27th. Orientation June 27th 2013. Nurse Consult Aug 19. Social-worker and nutrition class Sept 3  SLEEP study Sept 3rd  Doctor Consult Sept 27th...canceled, now Nov 11. Social worker (2ndappt) Oct24   Dietitian Oct 24  Physio appt Dec 13  and final windsorappt post op class Dec 19 Surgery April 8th

Hennagirliegirl
on 11/8/13 6:02 am - Canada

Once you find outmyour centre call directlymand book your own! Easy peasy

needmylifeback
on 11/8/13 6:35 am
I picked Toronto. Is there more then location in Toronto or is it the TWH?

Ref sent March 27th. Orientation June 27th 2013. Nurse Consult Aug 19. Social-worker and nutrition class Sept 3  SLEEP study Sept 3rd  Doctor Consult Sept 27th...canceled, now Nov 11. Social worker (2ndappt) Oct24   Dietitian Oct 24  Physio appt Dec 13  and final windsorappt post op class Dec 19 Surgery April 8th

SUS190
on 11/8/13 10:13 am - Georgetown, Canada
I live just outside Toronto and all my clinic appointments were at TWH, but there are actually 3 hospitals that perform the operation. My surgery is on Nov 25th at St. Mike's Hospital
Nerak
on 11/8/13 7:32 am - Canada

So delighted for you!

Nerak

Surgery date is Oct. 17th, 2013 in Ottawa. I was referred to the clinic in September 2012. The person performing my surgery is Dr Amy Neville. 

Northernlightsmom
on 11/8/13 7:56 am - Canada

That is great! Very happy for you.I hope the wait time at TWH for us have surgery from Windsor is not that long. Did you get booked for a pre op class? Congrats!

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

needmylifeback
on 11/8/13 10:48 am
They said they would call me about the class. I am hoping it's the one you are in next week, but I doubt they will move that fast. Lol

Most Active
Recent Topics