Feeling discouraged! :(

gunnabehealthy
on 11/1/13 1:03 am

I am 8 months out from my RNY and down 105 pounds from my highest!! Lovin' life!! BUT, the scales have only moved 4 pounds in the last 4 weeks! I started running the middle of August, and I am wondering if I am gaining muscle instead of loosing weight?I try to walk/run/jog at least 3-5 times a week or more. Feeling quite defeated! I still would like to lose another 35-45. Now, don't get me wrong, I am extremely pleased with how much I have lost so far, but is this were I will stop? A few people I know, said the week they were at 9 months out it came to a screeching halt with loosing, and lost no more since.  Can anyone give me any suggestions as to how to kick start the weight loss again? I aim for 1000 calories a day, protein is anywheres from 70-100 and carbs around 35%. More if I have fruit. I stay away from bread and potatoes. Get all vitamins and 6-8 glasses of water daily too. Do not know what else I can do???  HELP???

Lisa

Hanneli xoxo
on 11/1/13 1:28 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

My only advice if you are doing everything right is to just keep on keeping on and stop being a slave to the number and trust the process. People go through stalls.. a lot... I have lost and gained the same 2 pounds for the last 6 weeks. oh well!

Curious.George
on 11/1/13 1:52 am - Canada

I have been 4 lbs. away from "Onederland" for 3 weeks now!  Soooooooooooo frustrating!  I guess a "stall" is a "stall" and like the previous gal suggested, we should just stop being slaves to the number on the scale! I, for one, am going to take that advice!

Referral Date: May 29, 2012;  TWH     Orientation: June 19,2012;     Nurse Practitioner Group Session and Social Worker Initial Assessment: September 25, 2012;     Nurse Practitioner One-on-One and Psych. Assessment: January 18, 2013;     Met with surgeon: March 8, 2013;     Pre-Op scheduled: June 20,2013;   Surgery scheduled: July 17, 2013!    Surgery Completed!

hibbyangel
on 11/1/13 6:43 am - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

We are here for you Lisa!..you and I both have been stuck in a stall all month apparently..our run week we both hit a milestone and since not much!(only 6lbs this month for me)..Keep going though, your body thanks you for it!

~Brittany~

merry1
on 11/1/13 6:54 am - Canada

I know exactly what you're saying!  I have stopped weighing myself every day because its too frustrating.  I'm doing everything properly.  Keeping my fingers crossed!  i keep thinking its little wonder we could not lose weight before the operation, when now even with our tiny pouch and malabsorbtion features we still have difficulty.  I know we will reach our goals in time!!  It is true that muscle weighs more than fat but also once you have it, it burns more calories too! Hurray!  Hang in there!

Diminishing Dawn
on 11/1/13 10:29 am - Windsor, Canada

You are doing terrific.   No worries!!!

The only tweak I can see is to go 30% carbs or less.  

Many centres say 40% pro/30 carbs/30 fat.  

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active
Recent Topics