Foley Catheter??

reenie33
on 12/5/13 9:17 am

I had Dr. Sohi, and I had the whole shebang... catheter, IV for fluids, and a port for pain meds and antibiotics, oxygen sensor, Oxygen and for the first 24 hours an automatic blood pressure monitor  that regularly took my blood pressure... they had me hooked up to all kinds of tubes and stuff, and to top it off they started me on insulin so they were *****ing me 3 times a day to test my blood sugar.  Was a pain in the butt for getting up and  walking , I had to push around 2 poles and  carry my catheter. Every person is different though, maybe you will luck out and be free of tubes and wires. All the best to you Michelle... dont worry bout the catheter thing, If you get one , it will be while you are asleep

smallisland
on 12/5/13 9:23 am - Canada
VSG on 10/30/13

I didn't have a catheter for surgery but in the afternoon after my surgery they did have to drain my bladder with something like a catheter.  The anaesthesia hadn't worn off enough for me to go on my own.  It's a bit uncomfortable but not bad.  Hope you don't have to have one :)

Referral Feb 2012, Orientation at Guelph Nov. 29/12, RN, SW and NUT Feb. 13/12, 2nd RN, SW and NUT April 26/13, Dr. Agarwal May 7/13, SW May 22/13. HW 334lbs, CW 269 lbs. Post-op nutrition course August 1/13, Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Sept 9/13, PATTS Oct 9/13, Opti Oct 16/13, Surgery Oct 30/13.

pugalootz
on 12/5/13 9:37 am - Canada

I just had Surgery at HRRH and no foley for me!  IF you need one they would insert it once you are under GA.  

Hanneli xoxo
on 12/5/13 11:49 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

If i had one it was put in and removed while I was under.. but when I had a c-section 22 years ago I had one and talk about embarrassing! When they went to remove it the balloon wouldn't deflate and it took 4 nurses and 3 doctors to try get it out. They had "never seen that happen before!" ugh... it was so painful every time they would TRY deflate then pull on it :(

Most Active
Recent Topics