Ottawa Surgery Dates?

LilyBugsMommy
on 12/8/13 3:28 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

My daughter is going through Ottawa & met the surgeon on Nov. 19th.

Just wondering if anyone else who met the surgeon around the same time has heard anything yet about a surgery date? Or if anyone has received a surgery date recently (& if so, when was your "meet the surgeon" appt?).

Thanks!

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

TM2013
on 12/8/13 4:56 am

Hello ,

I am going through Ottawa also , and I also went on Nov 19. At that time I was told they would call a month before surgery  to book a date. Which is driving me nuts. I wish I knew when so I can make arrangements' for my kids, work and pets. :(  I have not heard anything as of yet. My friend went to Toronto in October and at her surgeries consolation was given a date for Feb. The not knowing is difficult.  My work will need to replace me and that means orientating someone to takeover my role  for me , also we have two boys with special needs so making arrangements for both their care is also very difficult. I am grateful for the opportunity  for the surgery , but need some idea so I can ensure everything else is in place. One month doesn't give a person a lot of time really.   Here is hoping we both hear something soon ;)

Sunny123
on 12/8/13 7:22 am, edited 12/8/13 7:22 am
RNY on 12/05/13

Here is my timeline - I was approx 6 weeks after meeting the surgeon - factor in a few weeks for Christmas/New Years:

Dr's Ref - Aug 9/12; Orient - Feb 27/13; NP - Mar 19; SW Mar 21 NUT Mar 22; Sleep Test Apr 11; 2nd NUT Apr 23; Sleep Ed Apr 24; 2nd Sleep Ed May 1; Ab Ultra Sound Apr 29; 3rd NUT Jun 7; Sleep Dr Jun 18; SW 3rd July 23, scope July30; Nurse Aug 13, Pre-Op Class Oct 16, Meet Surgeon: Oct 22, Pre-admission: Dec 2;Surgery:Dec 5/13

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

taniagirlca
on 12/8/13 7:31 am

I was told 1-3 months after meeting the surgeon :(

LilyBugsMommy
on 12/8/13 7:53 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

Thank you everyone for the general info :) I have been through the process myself in Ottawa (9 months ago), so, I know the general routine. I was hoping that maybe someone would have recently been called with a surgery date to give me more of a specific idea of when they were booking. 

I will be driving my daughter and staying in Ottawa when she has her surgery, so I am eager to have an idea of the time frame :)

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Most Active
Recent Topics