What are you doing/eating today? (Monday)

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/13 5:39 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I've been up for 1.5 hours already so may as well get this started.  Just finishing up my coffee then will start on a protein shake.  Will have almost two breakfast things since I'm up so early.  I seem to be fighting a cold and if my throat keeps up I will go back to mostly liquids like shakes and soup.  Cleaning up the last bit of everything in my fridge today.  I find my protein numbers a bit low given the carb numbers so may throw in another shake instead of the yogurt.

B - protein shake

S - ham and cheese frittata

L - 2 cabbage rolls, 1/2 cup edamame (no idea of nut value on the cabbage rolls as they are tiny so just taking a guess)

S - greek yogurt

D - 4 oz steak, 1/4 cup mushrooms, 1/2 cup roasted butternut squash, maybe a side green salad if I am still hungry since it's nothing bu****er anyway.

967 Calories 72g carbs 40g fat 84g protein

birdiegirl
on 12/8/13 8:21 pm, edited 12/8/13 8:32 pm

RNY  4 Years 8 Months Post Op

Morning

Tracey it seems you have been fighting this cold/throat for awhile now......

I almost slept around the clock....guess I have been tired.....meeting my trainer mid morning....first time we are meeting at this hour and I already hate it as it ruins my morning for getting other things done

Then I am into my old office to straighten a few things out

STEPS - no clue....I forgot to check my fitbit when I got home yesterday....its still attached to my clothing....but I think It would be good as I cooked and walked around most of the day...blame it on tiredness

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 1 bowl of ham and pea soup with 2 extra oz of ham thrown in to my bowl

D - 1.5 cups of sweet kale salad...love this!

3.5 oz of beef tenderloin

S - clementine

MYFITNESSPAL TOTALS FOR THE ABOVE MENU ARE:  calories - 962,  carbs - 69 GRAMS,  fat - 35 GRAMS,  protein - 95 GRAMS

All water...more decaf coffee....and vits

Have a great one   mail

ALSO - to Monica if you are reading....the Leek- Gruyere and potato bake was OK....but not worth the trouble I went to .....I would not make it again

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/13 8:26 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

You eating the whole tenderloin with 43.5 oz for dinner? LOL

Throat started last Thursday so really only 5 days now.  No fever just sore so not too concerned at this point.

birdiegirl
on 12/8/13 8:36 pm

lol....maybe I was hungry!!....yeah just proofed it and made my edit.....smartiepants!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/13 8:50 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Monica9811
on 12/8/13 8:55 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Thanks Barb!  I read your posts every day.  Thanks for letting me know.

birdiegirl
on 12/8/13 9:19 pm

You're welcome Monica....seriously it took quite a bit of time to cook all the ingredients and assemble....I loved the thought of it....but it was just too bland for all that effort.....the dinner was a trial run for a party we are hosting this Saturday night....and I am just going with the tried and true roasted fingerling potatoes....they are so good and creamy

Monica9811
on 12/8/13 9:25 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Good idea to try them out beforehand!  My husband makes these roasted parmesan potatoes-buys the bag of red and white mini potatoes from Costoc-boils them and then cuts them in half.  Lets them cool down then he puts them in a baking dish with some olive oil, salt and pepper, green onions sliced up, bacon and fresh shaved parmesan sprinkled on them.  Pops them back in the oven at dinner time for 20 mins or so to warm them up and melt the cheese.  Very flavourful!!

PepperBB
on 12/8/13 8:33 pm - Canada

Good Morning all!

So thanks to all the people on this forum, I survived my first "dinner out" , and my first week back at work.

Had my work party on Friday and it went really well. Feeling good, 6 weeks post op and seem to be on track and have started to look at actual meals as opposed to just one thing. 

B-Protein Shake

S-Protein Shake

L-Homemade Beef stew

S-Raspberry Greek Yogurt

D- 1/2 small salmon fillet and 2 tablespoons of homemade sweet potatoes and regular potato mash with no milk (weigh****chers trick-use soup broth) lol

S-jello

Total calories - 684 (without my 30 mins if cardio)

Fat-16 g

carbs- 41 g

protein- 94 g

Happy Monday everyone!!

Katie

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

birdiegirl
on 12/8/13 9:24 pm

Good for you Katie....having a "plan" can assist with all food and eating issues

Most Active
Recent Topics