still having major pain

lori1968
on 1/6/14 8:16 pm

still having major pain on my right side and pain in the back i am 6 months post opp went to the emergency thay could not help me went to family doc he could not help i am going to my center today last night was the worst pain and i have a fever also i just cant stand this no more i hope they help me thank you

Patm
on 1/6/14 8:21 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sorry you are having this problem. Hope your centre can get to the bottom of it

merry1
on 1/6/14 8:35 pm - Canada

So sorry to hear this and I am surprised the emergency did not do more tests to figure it out!  I am sure the clinic will do more.  I have heard of people getting scar tissue which can hurt.  Let us know what happens, and good luck today!!

libra1
on 1/6/14 8:38 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

I hope your centre gives you answers today. Take care.

Catw
on 1/6/14 9:07 pm - Arnprior, Canada

If you still have your gallbladder, get that checked.  It's one thing that acts up when you lose a lot of weight quickly.  And it can cause some serious pain.  It may take an ultrasound to discover the stones.

Cathy

mispysmom
on 1/6/14 9:58 pm - elliot lake, Canada
Good luck!! I hope u feel.better soon :)

Amanda

Nanato2
on 1/6/14 10:05 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Glad you are getting it checked out.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Monica M.
on 1/6/14 10:11 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

what tests did they do in emerg? someone needs to do an ultrasound (at the very least) or a CT scan. Pain and fever usually equals infection. Please let us know what's happening with you.

sublimechick
on 1/6/14 10:26 pm - Canada

I just had this last week and I am 6 months out also.........turned out Is kidney stones...I ended up passing about 12 of them and I dont know if tehre are more but THE PAIN is horriblE!!!

Im loaded up on percocets etc.........hope you get some relief soon I feel for you

Referral sent Sept 2012 -Info Session -January 7 2013.  Surgeon (Dr. Huynh-HRRH) February 5 2013. Dr. Glazer, Nurse, SW and NUT -> March 25 2013, May 1st, Surgeon, Patts-June 6. SURGERY JUNE 26 2013!! 100 lbs gone in 4 months!

Zizzler
on 1/7/14 10:18 am

Sounds gallbladder-ish - is it worse after you eat with vomiting/nausea?  If so it is even more likely.  I had mine removed but it took a long time for them to see the stones - I had 4 ultrasounds and no stones.  then finally the 5th one showed a big sucker.  Ended up in emerg the next day then voila it was gone, I had passed it. So don't be discouraged if the first ultrasound does not show stones.  Don't give up until you have an answer and treatment.  I know it is so hard but it will be worth it to feel better again...

Most Active
Recent Topics