Confused with the drinking and eating...

new_me180
on 1/11/14 1:54 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

...what's the difference with having a soup? They tell us not to eat and drink at the same time but, if I have a chicken and veggie soup, how does that work?

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/14 10:40 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I drink the broth first then eat the veggies/chicken.  Some people just eat the solid stuff and leave the broth in the bowl.

Patm
on 1/11/14 10:46 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I do not have thin soups. I usually make my own now and make them more like a stew so little broth. I find  it more filling. the thin ones do not keep me full long enough

LilyBugsMommy
on 1/12/14 7:33 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

My centre recommends not having soup once you are past the puréed stage or to have very little broth if it is a soup like vegetable soup, if you really want it. I only ever have cream of tomato & when I have it, I put crackers in it so it is more like mush, lol! No runny liquid at all. Lucky for me, I loved it that way before surgery & still do now :) I have only had it twice since surgery & I am 10 months post-op today.

On another note, they also recommend that I could have cereal as long as I put very little milk on it, just enough to wet it.

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Most Active
Recent Topics