Looking Forward - Success!

Chelsea1
on 2/16/14 12:30 am - Canada
Well my friends, today is a good day. I find it really hard to see how far I've come - always seeing how much further I have to go. Alas, I will share some great news!

I'm 6 months post op (Feb 14) and I weigh in at 199. I am down 101 and no longer see 2__ ! It has not sunk in. I have 39lbs to go for my goal (I'm 5'11". I'm a size 14, which I thought would be a 12, and my tops are a large. I've lost 60 inches all over

What is crazy is that I am training for triathlons - my legs look like an Olympians lol and I can run forever. Oh and I'm getting looks from men - which throws me off.

Anyway, question time! No sure if I am in a slight stall or it's just slowing down but any advice on nutritional breakdown/ calories is appreciated. I try to keep my carbs low but I'm still between 800-1000 cals per day. Is this okay? Thanks!

Lana00
on 2/16/14 2:33 am

Hello!

i do not have any words of wisdom as I am just starting out. But I wanted to say CONGRATS! You have done a great job and I wish you luck for the rest of your journey. 

:)

Chelsea1
on 2/16/14 3:09 am - Canada
Aw thank you so much! To you as well!
Leanne1
on 2/16/14 3:14 am - Newmarket, Canada

What centre are you with?

At 6months out (I am thru TWH), my nut told me to eat 1000-1200 calories. I still kept my carbs low, 50-80g per day (even tho she told me to eat up to 150g carbs, I did not! I even told her she was nuts) I aimed for 100-120g protein everyday.

Are you tracking your foods? I used fitday.com. It has a "pie chart" and I used the 40%/30%/30% (daily totals) rule (protein/carbs/fats) I generally aimed for 50% protein/ 25% carbs / 25% fats

many people use my fitness pal to track what they are eating and drinking.

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Chelsea1
on 2/16/14 8:24 am - Canada
Hi Leanne, I'm through Hamilton and I think 1000-1200 is what I was expecting. I will have to change things up to get te protein count and the carb count is fine - 150 is ridiculous!

Thank you very much - this is what I was looking for. Oh right, I use myfitnesspal and I was totally aiming for 40/30/30, shoot, I'll aim for the 50/25/25.
Leanne1
on 2/16/14 9:16 am - Newmarket, Canada

I agree that 150g carbs is ridiculous. I don't usually come close to that number. And if I do, it's very rare. 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Blueiiis
on 2/16/14 5:58 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Well done! 

May I ask what you are doing for exercise? I am not close to surgery but am trying to research and have my plans in place! 

Chelsea1
on 2/16/14 8:29 am - Canada
Thanks! I was really active before surgery and credit that for bouncing back. I did a transgression. I did low impact - hot yoga, walking, spinning. Now I do body pump, swim (which is great pre-op), run and spin. I do yoga occasionally to maintain flexibility and mindfulness for competing. I know a lot of focus is on food which is correct but fitness is so crucial for building muscle and skin tone. I don't want to insult anyone but I've seen some WLS ppl who do nothing, like nothing and still look overweight and their skin is sags badly ( of course depending on pre weight).

Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics