Hamilton peeps, hotels near St. Joes?

Monica M.
on 2/23/14 10:06 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

I'm going to be at St. Joe's hosp next week, i need a place to stay the night before surgery, anyone got any suggestions?

Lana00
on 2/24/14 3:46 am

My husband stayed at the Staybridge Suites and we were quite happy with that. I stayed there the night before my surgery. They have a small kitchen in every room with all of the things you could possibly need. It is about 1km away from the hospital. Also, it was an $8 cab ride. 

Good luck!

Monica M.
on 2/24/14 4:15 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

Thank you, Lana!

highlandbear
on 2/24/14 4:49 am - Canada

If you let me know what day if you like you could stay here on the couch. I have a dog and a cat. just heads up.The offer is there.

Monica M.
on 2/24/14 8:08 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

thank, HB, but its mostly my hubby that needs the place, i'm only there the night before surgery.

m1randa55
on 2/24/14 10:48 am - Brantford, Canada

That sounds like a good suggestion and reasonably priced. All the best with your surgery

Bev from Brantford, Ontario, Canada RNY - Feb.27, 2014 @ St. Joe's Hamilton - Diabetes in Remission & Blood Pressure normal now. YAY!

HW - 303 lbs CW(pre op) - 274.5  at 5 months out 202.5 lbs Current weight on Aug.18/14 is 195 lbs May 2015 at goal - 160 pounds

Monica M.
on 2/24/14 8:09 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

thank you!

PaulaToronto
on 2/24/14 3:12 pm - Toronto, Canada

There is a B&B 2 blocks away from the hospital.  My sister stayed there when I had surgery and it was great.  The name escapes me but it is in one of older type character homes just a short walk from the hospital. The owners where very helpful. The room was clean and cheerful with its own bathroom. There is a shared living/reading room with fireplace. It was cheaper than a hotel and closer to the hospital than any hotel plus free parking. 

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Monica M.
on 2/24/14 8:09 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

thank you!

Hanneli xoxo
on 2/24/14 10:29 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

Hey Mon.. my co worker just had surgery at St Joes Hamilton and this is what he suggests for accomodations! (I copy and pasted his review)

If anyone is having their surgery done there I recommend you stay at the Durand Residence which is right across the street from the hospital. It is a Seniors home that has a Bed and Breakfast part. It's $70 a night including parking , no deposit required, very clean, controlled entrance, has a lounge , elevators , includes a free breakfast and lunch and supper can be purchased for a small fee. There's a TV , a phone and a bar fridge in every room. They are also handicap friendly with a huge shower that has seats in it. The staff will bend over backwards for you. They are at 10 Herkimer street.

Most Active
Recent Topics