WATER!!

Lorieliz
on 3/3/14 12:36 am - Canada

All ready to panic, do a 5 day pouch test, etc. because I have been feeling a lot more hungry than usual.

I took a deep breath and reviewed my food journal, everything "normal" there, just this bizarre hunger. I would eat until full (or almost full) and then be hungry again an hour later.

Then I checked my water intake and realized that I had fallen out of the habit during some time out of town and on the run.

If you are hungry - DRINK! Make sure you are getting in your 64 oz. It truly is really important to keeping the wannas away.

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

Catw
on 3/3/14 12:48 am - Arnprior, Canada

Drinking water will keep you from being hungry.  That's an old tale that's been told for decades.  Thing is, this one is true.  When our body is low on something, it will start cravings.  Such as if you are low on sodium, you may crave chips.  If you are low on water, your body doesn't have a focus to crave, it just wants food.  But by keeping hydrated, you can give your body what it needs, without the extras.

This is also a good time to put in a reminder about timing your water.  You don't want to flush the good stuff out with the bad.  That will also make you hungry sooner than normal.

Cathy

Lorieliz
on 3/3/14 1:03 am - Canada

Absolutely Cathy. I have gone back to timing half hour after before I drink, although sometimes I will drink a big glass of water about 20 minutes before dinner - full faster and it doesn't seem to make a flushing difference.

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

Catw
on 3/3/14 1:21 am - Arnprior, Canada

The flushing is after you eat, before, it can just fill you up so that you don't have enough room for food.

Good luck with getting your water back up, I'm aiming for the same thing right now.  Easy at work, harder at home.

Cathy

kristaeb
on 3/3/14 2:23 am

This is great advice for everyone...I love my water and i know that is what has helped me along so far....Krista...

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Most Active
Recent Topics