My new lunchtime salvation!

Lorieliz
on 3/14/14 2:41 am - Canada

Asian Tuna Patties - so awesome and filling and full of good stuff!

Ingredients:

2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked

1 egg, beaten

3/4 cup dry bread crumbs

3 green onions, minced

1 clove garlic, peeled and minced

1 tablespoon soy sauce

1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce

1 tablespoon ketchup

1 teaspoon sesame oil

1 teaspoon black pepper

1/2 cup cornmeal

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Directions:

In a large bowl, mix tuna, egg, bread crumbs, green onions, and garlic. Blend soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, ketchup, sesame oil, and pepper into the mixture. Form the mixture into about 6 patties approximately 1 inch thick. Lightly sprinkle each patty on all sides with cornmeal.

Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Fry each patty about 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.

6 servings Calories: 230 Total Fat: 7.6g Cholesterol: 52mg Sodium: 434mg Carbs: 21.1g  Dietary Fiber: 1.4g Protein: 18.6g

Ingredients:

2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked

1 egg, beaten

3/4 cup dry bread crumbs

3 green onions, minced

1 clove garlic, peeled and minced

1 tablespoon soy sauce

1 tablespoon teriyaki sauc

1 tablespoon ketchup

1 teaspoon sesame oil

1 teaspoon black pepper

1/2 cup cornmeal

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

Patm
on 3/14/14 3:57 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sounds good. I might try this on the weekend

momjan
on 3/15/14 4:06 am - Canada

These look good, but with the addition of the carbs (bread and cornmeal), the sugars in the ketchup and teriyaki sauce and the two oils, I probably would get sick from them.  My plan sticks to a 5-5-5-  combo..... no more than 5 g sugar, 5 grams fat and over 5 grams protein per serving.  I try to avoid processed carbs (bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, etc) completely as they will make you crave more bad carbs.  You can get all your good carbs from veggies and a little fruit......  If you can find replacements or omit some of these you might be better off....ie.  pam rather than oil in your pan......skip the breadcrumbs or try adding maybe crumbled tofu....that might work.......

Most Active
Recent Topics