Pre-op Vitamins??

CassieM
on 3/14/14 4:58 am - St.Thomas, Canada

Hi everyone!

I am still very much pre op (I have had my orientation in Hamilton, but awaiting my first appointments) and I am making some lifestyle changes. One thing I seem to have over looked is vitamins! Should I be starting to take vitamins now? I currently don't take any. If I should be starting to add them into my daily routine, which ones should I be taking and what dosage? 

Thank you so much for your help! It really is a blessing to have this forum as a resource! 

Caroline K.
on 3/14/14 5:09 am

You might want to wait a bit and see what your full blood panel shows. There's no point in supplementing if everything is fine, though you'll definitely want to read up on what you'll need to do post-op in terms of vitamins.

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

Leanne1
on 3/14/14 8:56 am - Newmarket, Canada

When I was pre-op, they told not to bother. They wanted to see what the lab reports showed first. 

They will tell you what to take and how much to take when the time comes

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Ninalynn24
on 3/14/14 8:56 am - Canada

I'm at St Joes as well. They suggest you start vitamins right away. Some extra vitamins like multi and vitamin d will not hurt. Dieticians will recommend Calicum Citrate 600mg twice daily, Vitamin D 1000-2000IU per day and a prenatal vitamin once a day. Calicum Citrate and prenatal are not to be taken together. This is a lifetime regime. 

Hope that helps, I have lots of info from St Joes if you have any other questions.

CassieM
on 3/14/14 9:40 am - St.Thomas, Canada

Thank you so much for the help!

Most Active
Recent Topics