Day 3 of 21 on opti

needmylifeback
on 3/19/14 4:57 am

Hi everyone

just looking for advice. I am on day three of my opti, and I am lucky cause I actually enjoy the opti. I also have been having broth and sf jello. 

The problem is the head hunger. Just seeing ppl eat is making my mouth water.  I can't seem to get food out of my head. It's a cause of I want just cause I can't have

also I find I am very tired by mid afternoon. 

Do either of these issues get better as the days go on?

Thanks

Ref sent March 27th. Orientation June 27th 2013. Nurse Consult Aug 19. Social-worker and nutrition class Sept 3  SLEEP study Sept 3rd  Doctor Consult Sept 27th...canceled, now Nov 11. Social worker (2ndappt) Oct24   Dietitian Oct 24  Physio appt Dec 13  and final windsorappt post op class Dec 19 Surgery April 8th

m1randa55
on 3/19/14 10:55 am - Brantford, Canada

Head hunger is tough, but I know for me, it will likely be a bit of a battle for the rest of my life. Here is the link to a great book the social worker at my Bariatric Clinic suggested:

http://www.amazon.ca/Cognitive-Behavioral-Workbook-Weight-Management/dp/1572246251/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395276785&sr=8-1&keywords=cognitive+behavioral+therapy+workbook+for+weight+management

Bev from Brantford, Ontario, Canada RNY - Feb.27, 2014 @ St. Joe's Hamilton - Diabetes in Remission & Blood Pressure normal now. YAY!

HW - 303 lbs CW(pre op) - 274.5  at 5 months out 202.5 lbs Current weight on Aug.18/14 is 195 lbs May 2015 at goal - 160 pounds

Jiliana2
on 3/19/14 10:32 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

I found the first few days of Opti pretty tough. I was on vacation with my whole family (even my extended family!) in Florida and of course, there were lots of family dinners out! It was hard! But after day 4 or 5, it got remarkably better. I got into a groove with my Opti and flavours and I did three weeks with very little trouble and lost 26 lbs while doing it.

It will get better. But that said, head hunger is experienced by many people post-surgery. If you're prone to head hunger, it's a good idea to find out why during the process.

Good luck; I hope the Opti gets easier for you!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

time2changeme
on 3/20/14 12:52 pm

I also enjoyed my optifast, but agree the head hunger is a tough one.  I was on optifast for 6 weeks, and it was over Thanksgiving, l remember smelling the turkey and dressing cooking, mashing the potatoes, putting whipped cream on the pumpkin pies l made and leaving the kitchen to step outside for some fresh air, and redirect my thinking, I had optifast and chicken broth but it was so hard at times watching everyone eat , esp cooking for them. I couldnt make things l didnt like because l liked anything and everything!  Many times I had to tell myself and remind myself why l was doing this and all the things l will gain during the process. I've learnt keeping myself busy helps, do things you enjoy, make a list of why you want this so bad, look at pictures, and share your feelings with people here that have been through the process.  Your journey is your own, but we are all doing this for the same outcome. Once l got past the first 2 weeks, l found it easier and the headaches subsided.  Getting through the optifast weeks are a good preparation for the next step of your journey!  Wishing you all the best from someone who truly understands!  Big Hugs!!!  Keep us posted!

needmylifeback
on 3/21/14 9:20 am

Thanks ladies!!!!

It feels good knowing I am not alone and have support :)

Ref sent March 27th. Orientation June 27th 2013. Nurse Consult Aug 19. Social-worker and nutrition class Sept 3  SLEEP study Sept 3rd  Doctor Consult Sept 27th...canceled, now Nov 11. Social worker (2ndappt) Oct24   Dietitian Oct 24  Physio appt Dec 13  and final windsorappt post op class Dec 19 Surgery April 8th

Most Active
Recent Topics