Phycologist at TWH

Sassy75
on 4/1/14 10:57 am - North York, Canada

Hi everyone, 

i have a phycologist appointment next week at TWH. Can anyone give me feedback about what to expect? Also, I think this is the last step, how long after this does it generally take to get your surgery date? Do you ever have to go for follow up to the phycologist? Thanks!! :)

Leanne1
on 4/1/14 10:15 pm - Newmarket, Canada

They ask you a bunch of questions and chat with you... 

Have you met a surgeon yet? The team will get together and discuss you and your file, then you should get a date

Of course you have to meet the psychologist again... every year for 5yrs; it's part of your follow-up appts. Along with the dietitian, SW and nurse, for 5yrs! (they would have mentioned this along the way at some point)  

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

KerryF.
on 4/1/14 10:26 pm, edited 4/1/14 10:26 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

It is possible that you will see someone (for an additional meeting) - anyone of the team members before the surgery. Usually the process at TWH is after the last appointment your file goes to the team on their general Thursday meeting and they decide then if you are to proceed to surgeon appointment or if you need further appointments with someone from the team..  hope this helps.  if you have not had any issues along the way then it's a good guess that your file will be reviewed Thursday

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

Most Active
Recent Topics