Met Dr. Pereira-Hong today

redviking
on 5/13/14 5:33 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

I got in trouble for giving blood this past weekend.  No one told me not to give blood.  Now I have to go on iron supplements until the surgery which will be mid july but I don’t know the date yet.  Ooops!

Other than that, it was all good.  The doctor is all business, which is fine with me. I think her goal is to scare you straight.  Tough talk about exercise (you better do it!) and potential complications (you might die!) and goals (if you think you will be 130 you are out to lunch!)  Those words were not hers but basically the message is the same. 

Because I'm lactose intolerant, I'm going on the Beneprotien/Carnation Instant Breakfast alternative to Optifast.  The dietician gave me all the instructions today. I'd love to hear about anyone else's experience with this and find out where you bought your beneprotein.

Sonja

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/14 9:00 am

They usually give you the surgery date when you have your surgeons appointment... sorry you did not get one yet.. let us know when you get one

Mrs_Rolo
on 5/13/14 9:51 am - Waterloo, Canada

Hi Sonja, I don't know if you remember me from Craving Changes, my name is Paulette.

So glad to see that you got through your sleep apnea study!  Major victory for you.

Good luck and I hope you get your date soon!  I am scheduled for surgery July 3

Take care,

Paulette

Most Active
Recent Topics