NSV!!!!

reenie33
on 5/18/14 12:37 pm

Today I was able to take "MY" 2 Grandaughters to the park and play= Later I was able to take each of my 3 dogs sepately for a 15 min walk I could not even make it to the park before

4-Jane
on 5/18/14 1:30 pm - Canada

I went down the slide while playing at the park and swung on the swing, and my dog is loving my wls....... I work hard for my losses but am living much healthier now.  I wish I was losing as fast as others but I'm not I think I've lost inches again as I'm into a size 20 and started wearing 28/30    5x to 6x when I could find it... Three dogs is a lot are you able to take them all out walking at the same time ?  Anyway I concure great NSV. 

Respectfully Jane
reenie33
on 5/18/14 6:39 pm

yES i USED TO TAKE THEM ALL OUT AT ONCE. but I found that I was not enjoying the time with them as my male dog is a handful! Today I took each one separately for around 15 is each. They each relished in the one on one, as I did too. They are s o unique and I adore each one for that quality. I figure if I can get each one out in the morning, then again after dinner, that is almost 2 hrs that I am active each day ,so we all benefit.  btw thaswing hurt my BONEY hips=== NSV for me!!!

reenie33
on 5/19/14 9:32 pm

I SOMETIMES WISH MY WEIGHt lOSS WAS FASTEr. (darn capslock) I even got crap from a nurse at hrrh because I had only lost 10 lbs in a month. scheesh that was so discouraging. At least I lost weight! and at a safe rate. I still tire easily, but I find getting out and walking helps with the fatigue, it also improves my mood. About the dogs, I take them all out for ball play= I toss a couple of balls, they all go for them and bring it back, then I throw it again, until they are out of breath. Then at some point I take each one out separately, for some leisurely walking time. They love it! I found at the park,it hurt my hips to swing, Im a lil boney at that spot lol. Congrats on all of your hard work! I know it dosent come easy. Sometimes I think others think...look at her, ya sure she lost weight , but she didnt have to do a thing cuz she had a bypass.    These people as so uninformed!

Heather H.
on 5/18/14 3:19 pm - Welland, Canada

This is why I joined this forum. Reading this gives me great motivation !!  This is what I am looking forward to mostly, being able to DO things. Its not about appearance. Its the physical aspect and being able to go to the park, for a small walk, I want to go to the mall with my daughter and go around the whole mall, not plot how close I can get to the stores we need to go in, to not have to worry if there is a seat close by, or how huffy and puffy and red-faced I get or sending my daughter ahead so I do not have to stand so long.  

Good for you ! Keep it up, and thanks for the inspiration ! 

Referral sent: January 2013 Orientation in Hamilton: August 28, 2013 Blood work/ECG: March 4, 2014 Ultrasound: March 27, 2014 Dietitian: April 23, 2014 Social Worker: May 9, 2014 Gastroscopy: May 12, 2014 Internist/Surgeon: May 21, 2014 F/U Social Worker: May 26, 2014.  So far so good .... 

Patm
on 5/18/14 11:46 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congrats the energy is awesome

Most Active
Recent Topics