I'm stuffed

new_me180
on 6/6/14 4:35 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I've recently been told to up my caloric intake by the Doc and NUT to 800 cals a day due to fatigue and muscle aches. I haven't got there quite yet as i've managed to average about 730 cals for the last two weeks and boy do I feel stuffed. It seems like i'm eating from the time i get up, till i go to bed. I have tried to stay away from protein shakes and bars so i can get in real food and so far it's going good. I have a lot of resistance as I feel really full rather quickly and at a little over seven months out, I don't think I will get to my target cals any time soon, lol. It does seem like i'm eating a lot when i look at in on paper but, in reality not so. I've already added an extra protein and fruit for snack as recommended by the NUT, which brings me to the question, how will I get to 800 cals?

I have noticed though that getting to the 730 cal mark has improved my fatigue and muscle aches, so hopefully it will get better with more food in. How much were you guys eating 7 months out?

csmith74
on 6/7/14 12:57 am

I will be one year in August and I find if I eat some nuts or sunflower seeds I increase my calorie intake (on the days where I need to get some more into me). Make sure you chew them really well as they can still get caught in areas that you don't want them to be. It's the quickest way I know of to get more calories in and you don't need to consume a lot.

new_me180
on 6/7/14 2:23 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thanks, sound good.

Most Active
Recent Topics