sleeping and soreness

Kittykatt1329
on 6/15/14 1:21 am - Alfred, Canada

I was just wondering,  I'm 3 weeks post op and previous to surgery I was a side sleeper, I have been sleeping on my back elevated and I driving me nuts so getting pretty restless sleep.  Can anyone tell me how long before I can go on my side? 

Cathy

stevidad
on 6/15/14 2:24 am

I had the sleeve on Thursday.  Last night I was able to go back to sleeping on either side. 

Buckeye
on 6/15/14 5:33 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/26/14

I slept on my side day 1 at the hospital and nurse was not concerned.  I am a side sleeper and right from day 1 slept on my side and I am 3 weeks out.  No issues at all.

Kittykatt1329
on 6/15/14 11:44 pm - Alfred, Canada

I wish I could do that, I'm still very sore and when I go especially on my left side shoots pain thru my abdomen. . Well hopefully soon.  Glad to see all went well for u.

Cathy 

sellarsgal
on 6/15/14 6:06 am - Oshawa, Canada

You can sleep on your side, if there is pressure or pain, put a pillow in front or back of you to lean on!

HRRH -Orientation Nov  25, Dr. Sohi Jan 17, RN,SW,Dietician Feb 19, Dr Glazer Mar 5, Dr Sohi March 12. Surgery May 28th

Kittykatt1329
on 6/15/14 11:51 pm - Alfred, Canada

I tried that still didn't seem to work. I will give it more time, I am a slow healer and no tolerance for pain😊

Cathy

JJ_
on 6/15/14 9:51 am

When I was in hospital I slept with a recline to the bed.  Once I was home I moved back to my side.  You just need to be slow about turning and getting up out of the bed.

Judy

sellarsgal
on 6/15/14 11:57 pm - Oshawa, Canada

Sorry to hear that Cathy. Last year when I had my gallbladder out, I couldn't sleep on my side for a few weeks. I gave me a back ache and drove me nuts! I was surprised when I could sleep on my side after RNY surgery. I guess you will have to wait it out unfortunately 

HRRH -Orientation Nov  25, Dr. Sohi Jan 17, RN,SW,Dietician Feb 19, Dr Glazer Mar 5, Dr Sohi March 12. Surgery May 28th

Most Active
Recent Topics