Mixed bag of emotions regarding plastic surgery

Mary A.
on 7/3/14 11:34 pm, edited 7/3/14 11:43 pm

Two years ago I appealed a denial by OHIP for a panni removal...a year later they overturned/approved my request.  T

The following January I underwent a hysterectomy and at the age of 50 I asked OHIP if they would extend my approval as I didn't want to undergo two major surgeries in one year they agreed allowing me until August 2014.

I received a call from my PS last night at 7 pm and we talked about things...first...a full tummy tuck has jumped from $3,600/4,000 now to ($6,000....) well as much as I am dissapointed because a $2,000 jump in two years due to rising costs in the OR...well it will not be a full tummy tuck for me...but hey..it is what it is.

BUT...the clincher is...she told me that the OR times are fully booked until the 2nd week of September therefore there is no way I will be having my panni removal, by the deadline given by OHIP. 

I just hope that her office writing a letter to the MOHLTC will allow me yet another extension...(I mean...it has nothing to do with me).

anyway I sit once again and wait....for the powers that be to make a decision. ..all I can do is hope that OHIP/MOHTLC provides yet another extension.

But...like I told a fellow co- worker this morning, I am so very thankful that I was able to have gastric by-pass...the rest is "icing" on the cake.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/4/14 6:11 am - Windsor, Canada

You'll be fine I'm sure.   The lady at my docs office said an extension is no big deal should I need one. 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Karen M.
on 7/4/14 8:55 am - Mississauga, Canada

As Dawn said, I wouldn't think there would be a problem asking for a short extension.

Plastics are unfortunately not in my budget. I had an OHIP paid panniculectomy at the same time as my open hysterectomy last year. I'm more than pleased with the results - no more rashes, etc. Would I like a tummy tuck? HELL YES. And while I'm dreaming, I'd like a pony.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Mary A.
on 7/6/14 10:17 pm

I hear you that's why I was very surprised at the jump in price from $3600-4000 all the way to $6,000.00, while no doubt it's the icing on the cake I can't realistically in good conscious pay an amount like that with two kids, a mortgage etc etc

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics