It's hot out there! What's your favourite frozen treat recipe?

redviking
on 7/7/14 4:43 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

I saw this http://www.kraftcanada.com/recipes/watermelon-pops-118627 and figured it would be great with no sugar and yogurt instead of cream cheese!  Any other ideas?

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

Almostthere1966
on 7/7/14 6:18 am - Canada

Three quarter full bottle of water placed in freezer over night. Great way to make quota of water the next day and keeps ya cool

Kathy

Soon_to_Shrink
on 7/7/14 6:32 am

I splurged on a nutri bullet and took my older generic magic bullet type blender to the office.  They both make great slushies just a bit of water, your favorite flour drops, and lots of ice.  I love cherry or watermelon flavours best.

Caroline K.
on 7/7/14 6:36 am

The World According to Eggface has some good protein ice cream recipes. I've only tried the pistachio one so far, and it was good, though I didn't get the milk frothed up enough I think. Oh well, I'll just  have to try again ;)

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

Laurie C.
on 7/7/14 6:54 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

homemade protein ice cream, Exotic Source Yogurt with chocolate protein powder, No sugar added chocolate syrup, coconut and walnuts, I took an Eggface recipe and made it my own.  Awesome

Probably the only woman in the world who asked for an ice cream maker for Christmas, yes I wanted a kitchen appliance,

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

HarvestMoon1974
on 7/8/14 12:55 am - Keyport, NJ
Revision on 05/01/14

I always ask for kitchen appliances lol

I used to take care of a woman in her 80's, and she told me that someday I'd get angry with my husband for giving me applainces as gifts, because there's no romance there. 21 years later, I'm still requesting, and receiving, appliances, pajamas, and purses, at Christmas and birthdays. lol

" Life is a roller coaster, enjoy the ride"
Carol 378/189/170

Thankful for my little miracles Joshua and Daniel.

Hanneli xoxo
on 7/7/14 11:56 pm, edited 7/7/14 11:56 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

I made these yesterday for the first time. THE BEST! Butterscotch protein pudding pops! 1 pkg of fat free sugar free butterscotch pudding, 1 and 1/3 cup of 1% milk, 2 cups of light cool whip and 2 scoops of vanilla cream protein powder. Mix pudding and milk, then whisk in cool ship then protein powder.  Put in Dixie cups with popsicle sticks and freeze! It made 10 of them... so the protein amount would be 60/10 (6 grams per pudding pop - not much but a nice sweet treat!)

Here is a photo of them that I took!

http://i.imgur.com/gktSZYj.jpg

Lori W.
on 7/8/14 12:55 am - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 05/12/14
On July 8, 2014 at 6:56 AM Pacific Time, Hanneli xoxo wrote:

I made these yesterday for the first time. THE BEST! Butterscotch protein pudding pops! 1 pkg of fat free sugar free butterscotch pudding, 1 and 1/3 cup of 1% milk, 2 cups of light cool whip and 2 scoops of vanilla cream protein powder. Mix pudding and milk, then whisk in cool ship then protein powder.  Put in Dixie cups with popsicle sticks and freeze! It made 10 of them... so the protein amount would be 60/10 (6 grams per pudding pop - not much but a nice sweet treat!)

Here is a photo of them that I took!

http://i.imgur.com/gktSZYj.jpg

Thanks for sharing this recipe. I hit the quote button so I can save it.

Hanneli xoxo
on 7/8/14 5:13 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

You are welcome! I have now gavce one to a fellow WLS'er, a "regular" person, my BF who eats a low carb/high protein/low sugar diet and everyone so far has LOVED them

Most Active
Recent Topics