Protein powder

Sassy75
on 7/29/14 10:33 am - North York, Canada

Hi guys, I am pre-op and am putting together a grocery list for my 2 week fluid menu. What protein powder does everyone use? Also, any must have's for those 2weeks? Any advise welcome :) thanks all!!!

RNY-Wife
on 7/29/14 12:43 pm

My hubby uses the LeanFit Whey Protein. We got a huge bottle of it for $30 (?) from Costco ... He's on vanilla right now. He wanted vanilla so he could do more to it. There's also chocolate and unflavoured. I think we'll get the unflavoured one next time so we can add it to his meals ... He's having trouble getting all the shakes in :(

As for the 2 wks of full fluids ... He's been big on cream soups, greek yogurt, and cottage cheese. Protein, protein, protein ;)  

Sassy75
on 7/29/14 10:36 pm - North York, Canada

RNY-wife, thanks so much for your reply!! I will go to costco to get it!! Hope your hubby is doing well :)

Mary A.
on 7/30/14 2:10 am

I would truly be careful when choosing your protein...no two tastes are alike and truthfully I don't believe there is a whey protein out there that "tastes good"...I tested at least a dozen or more different brands types, I even did protein bullets at the beginning..and I settled on Iso Pro Low carb unflavoured from GNC.

now 5 1/2 yrs later it's still my go to as I can doctor it up with any type of sugar free syrup depending on what I am in the mood for.

my suggestion would be to buy the least amount you can when first experimenting with whey protein..also it helps to have it in a cup that has a lid on it that way when you drink it you don't smell it...LOL

I loved, love clear consommé soup from  my local oriental resturaunt the first two weeks...I actually went and bought 6 containers and portioned them out, they freeze well okay.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics