YAY FOR Dr Reed

new_me180
on 8/20/14 3:12 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I finally saw him today after weeks of AGONY. Good news is that my pouch is still in good working order and i have no blockages or internal hernias. Bad news, i tore a stitch from the belly button hernia he fixed during my RNY, boo... and i have pulled muscles surrounding that area hence, the LOT OF PAIN.. Anyhoo, he said to take it easy for a few more weeks and  to f/u in a few months. Unfortunately, i have to see him sooner if the pain doesn't subside in the next week or so and he might have to go back in to fix that hernia :(. He was happy though at how i looked and how my weight loss has progressed, told me i'm losing at a fast pace, here i thought i was a slow loser, pfft.

On another note, i'm so glad i got Dr Reed as my surgeon as i think he's one of the best in the field, he knows his stuff. This justified my refusal to see the other surgeon who was covering for him because, when i was in the ER last week with this pain, he told me to take the maximum dose of prevacid and sulcrate and my issues were due to an ulcer. No they weren't!!! Despite me telling him that i wasn't having the same symptoms. Good thing i didn't take his advise either, he's dangerous. 

Thanks all for the support you've given me OH friends.

Darbaybe_2014
on 8/20/14 9:11 am - Kitchener, Canada

Glad it got sorted out. Dr Reed is from Guelph right? I am still waiting for surgery and I hope I get him too.  Take care and rest. Pulled muscles can be very sore and painful....does a heating pad help it?

Referral to Guelph:  January 2014 ~ Orientation Guelph: April 24.14~ Meet Nurse: June 03.14, August 28.14 ~ Meet SW: June 16.14 & Aug.28.14 & Feb.09.15   ~ Meet Dietician: June 16.14, August 28.14 & Nov.19.14~  Dec.31.14 & Feb.05.15 Meet Internist Dr Agarwal: Sept.28.14 ~ Post Op Nutrition class: March 16.2015  Meet Surgeon: April 16.15 ~ Approved for surgery: April 16.15 ~  Surgery Date: July 14.15 ~ Started Opti:  July 07.14~ Opti Starting weight: TBD~ Surgery weight: TBD ~ Goal weight: 150  

new_me180
on 8/20/14 10:26 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Yes he is. He is really good and i hope you get him too. I'll try to rest as much as i can and the doc wants me back at the gym as well soon. Pulled muscles really are painful, made me think i was dying or had something really bad going on. Heating pads or any other pain reliever hasn't touched this pain unfortunately, maybe it will get better with rest. This darn belly button hurt so bad when he fixed it, i hope it does't need to be fixed again. Thanks

Most Active
Recent Topics