What are you doing/eating today (Saturday)

crqvingchange
on 8/22/14 11:56 pm

Good morning everyone.  I thought today was supposed to be sunny, but it looks like the weather is not cooperating.  Today we will be visiting friends, visiting the in-laws and going to a patio for lunch and to listen to live music (summer is the best).  Well I signed up for Aqua Cycle yesterday. What have I done?  I may need to work out with Aqua cardio just to be able to complete a cycle session when it starts in September.

5 weeks post-op

B. Syntrax Cappuccino protein coffee, great for on the  go, I can drink it in the car.

S. I will take Quest Bar with me just in case I need something

L.  Maybe their soup at the restaurant, if not, maybe 2 chicken wings without the skin, tomato juice

S. The rest of the Quest Bar.

D. Hoping to make Eggface's Baked Ricotta in a silicone muffin tin so that I can freeze the leftovers in serving size portions.  The ricotta and the mozzarella are about to expire so have to use them up.

S. Protein Icecream

Have a great day everyone

JElizabeth00
on 8/23/14 12:44 am - Brantford, Canada
RNY on 09/02/14

I'm pre-op, and surgery is sept 2nd, so it's my first day of opti. gotta say it doesn't taste bad at all. :)

Karen M.
on 8/23/14 1:11 am - Mississauga, Canada

Glad to hear that Opti day one is going well!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Karen M.
on 8/23/14 1:10 am - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning :)

I thought today was going to be sunny too! Not so much. A patio with a live band = summer happiness. Enjoy!

Went out last night and stayed out way too late, I'm pooped. It was totally worth it though, lots of laughs and fun. I rarely go out on a weekend night anymore (huge change from 2 years ago before I got sick) but was reminded how much fun and "therapeutic" it can be despite my "fun hangover" (not alcohol) this morning. :)

Not a lot on the go today but if the weather stays like this it might turn out to be a good dvd on the tv day. ;)

Good for you for signing up for aqua-cycling. I've always thought that looked like fun and a great work out too!

8 years post-op

B - coffee with cream x 3 over the morning, source greek 50 key lime

S - Premier protein shake

L - small sweet pepper from the garden stuffed with 4 oz tuna salad (oh my god this is good), 1/2 slice whole grain & seeds toast, sliced tomato on top

S - Chike protein iced coffee, later: rest of the tuna salad (2 oz) in 1/2 small sweet pepper

D - homemade BBQ burger no bun, sliced tomatoes, cucumber and sweet pepper, a little hellofagooddip for dipping

S - not sure yet

Have a great day!

K.

Karen

Zizzler
on 8/23/14 3:52 am

I am 1 week post-op, pureed stage

So the puree adventure has begun.  Made a mistake last night and had some sf pudding with sugar alcohols in it.  Had painful gas and took a gas x it was so painful. This helped and I could sleep after about half an hour.  Lesson learned: no more sugar alcohols!!  Yes I should have known better but I got all ****y when the potatoes went down well.  Went to the farmer's market to day and bought local organic young turnips and organic wax beans.  I was a little worried as they have lots of yummy food that smells so good but it was ok, I just had a decaf coffee and chatted.  Such a nice day today.  I'm going to cook them asap for maximum yumminess.  Think I will use the same method as with the potato puree, so blend them up some broth with white kidney beans.  I love fresh yellow wax beans and really hope my pouch does too.  By adding the bean I am getting about 9g protein per meal.  Any leftover I am freezing in meal-size mini containers for future meals. So after today I will have 2 types of puree to choose from: potato, yellow bean, and turnip.  Knock on wood my pouch will be as thrilled as I am. 

B - protein shake: banana, protein powder, ice, water, orange juice, calcium/D pills - 30g protein

S - decaf coffee with splenda and a little milk

L - protein shake: apple juice, ice, water, protein powder, multivitamin, 30g protein

S - protein mashed potato bean puree - 6tbs

D - protein mash, turnip mash, bean puree -  6tbs

S - calcium pills, puree mushroom soup with protein powder

- meds, vitamins

90g protein

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Blueiiis
on 8/23/14 6:38 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Omg I can't wait to hit puréed stage - come on, Wednesday!! Like your idea of adding the beans, will have to remember that.  I am really looking forward to mashed potatoes and hope they agree with me.

Karen M.
on 8/23/14 7:32 am - Mississauga, Canada

Sorry to hear about the sugar-free pudding. I ate a lot of those and didn't have a problem. Maybe try the Source Greek 50 yogurt instead - really delicious and good protein. Your menu looks great, good for you.

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics