Sudbury verses Thunder Bay

coop1977
on 8/31/14 1:11 pm - Canada

Anyone going through Thunder Bay?

I am currently going through Sudbury ... Had orientation beginning of August.  My one on one appointments are scheduled for the end of Feb.   Seems like a long wait?

What I am wondering is IF I were to switch to Thunder Bay would the process go any faster?  I live 5 hours from either center .... But 10 hours from Toronto .... So actually surgery in TB would be easier!  But I don't want to switch if I have to start all over .....

I am so ready to begin my new life!  Any advice is very appreciated! 

Janet

Dr. Ramos Kelly .... Jan.13, 2015

mysha
on 8/31/14 5:02 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada

I am currently waiting on my dietitian/psych appt on Sept 15...waited 2 months for U/S had that done mid Aug...not sure what the rest of the timeline will be was referred Aug 2013.  Found out that they have recruited 2 surgeons to do it locally (at least for low risk) which I fit into..Iam not certain that you would be in the catchment area for TB if you are at another centre already.

mandygarden
on 9/1/14 4:36 am - Thunder Bay, Canada

I'm 5 days post op from Thunder Bay. I was the third person to have surgery here with the new surgeons. My process took 13 months from referral to surgery but it's hard to tell I things will speed up or slow down here now that the surgeons are here. I'm sure a phone call to the centre here wouldn't hurt. 

Referral - August 2013  Orientation - October 2013  Intake - November 2013  Nurse Practitioner - March 2014  Surgical Orientation - April 2014 Psychometrist - April 28, 2014  Nutritionist - May 5th, 2014  Ultrasound - May 21, 2014 Internest - July 29, 2014 Meet with Surgeons - August 7, 2014 PreOP - Aug 18th  Scope - Aug 19, 2014 SURGERY AUGUST 27th!!!!!!

Mary A.
on 9/2/14 5:31 am

after being on this board for almost 5 years, I can confidentally say that if it takes a year from approval to surgery, you are in the right ball park..

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

mysha
on 9/4/14 2:14 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada

Any luck with your inquiries?

Most Active
Recent Topics