anyone from Toronto who went to HRRH. ..

mellabella115
on 9/20/14 5:38 am - North York, Canada

Hi all just need some help... im having surgery on the 9th and want to be prepared by having all my vitamins ready and purchased in advance. ..just curious what brands and such people are using how often and if your labs were good. So far i have the bottles of liquid calcium with D3 the wellesse brand from Costco....but thats all so i need your input 

Thank you :)

Karen M.
on 9/20/14 9:50 pm - Mississauga, Canada

You should have been provided with a list of requirements in the literature the centre provided to you. I had my surgery at Humber, but that was 8.5 years ago. The requirements at that time included a multi-vitamin 2x per day (I used, and still use, Centrum chewable), calcium citrate and B12.

You should contact your centre to inquire.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Needanewbeginning
on 9/21/14 11:38 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

HRRH gives out great packages at their orientation. When I went, I was given a booklet and it had lists of products and where to buy them. My friend is now going thru the program and is having her RNY November 20th. She was given the same booklets.

Give HRRH a call, maybe they can give you this list, you will get the booklet again after your surgery. The dietician comes to visit you before your discharged to make sure you understand what your first month will need as far as vits/diet.

Good luck, won't be long now! 

Annette 😄

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

drag0nlady
on 9/22/14 9:45 am

I had my surgery at HRRH.  I was very confused as well going in re: supplements.  My appointment prior with my nurse was a whirlwind of info overload.  Thank God a dietician comes to see you to talk about your supplement requirements post surgery before you leave.  No worries, they set you on the right path for success.  Whatever you don't have you can easily pick up in the pharmacy at HRRH before you head home.  Everyone is different but here is my regime. Centrum 50+ Chewable Multivitamins (2 x daily) Calcium + D Supplement (3 x daily) Vitamin B (every other day) Vitamin D Supplement (5000 IU).  Remember, according to your labs they will provide you with your dosage amounts and what minerals best suit your needs.  I bought the wellesse from costco... made me gag, I hope you have better luck. 

Most Active
Recent Topics