Start opti on Monday

Focal
on 9/27/14 8:29 am - Peterborough, Canada

I start my three weeks do opti on Monday.  I was wondering if you can still take your vitamins while on it.  I didn't see anything either way in the paperwork.

Referral from Family Doctor - November 4/13  |  Orientation date for HRRH - January 9/14  |  1st meeting with surgeon - January 30/14  |  Dietician, Registered Nurse, Social Worker Appointments – Feburary 10/14 | Second Dietician - March 11/14 | Dr Glazer - March 20/14 | Sleep Test - March 24/14 | Sleep Test Results - April 15/14 | 2nd Surgeon Appointment - May 13/14 | PATTS - September 30/14 | Surgery Date - October 21/14

1HealthyMomma
on 9/27/14 8:58 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

I was actually looking for something in my paper work about this the other day and I couldn't find anything. I decided to not take them and just do the optifast. I take iron and sometimes it bothers my stomach. If I feel to tired and dragged out than I will start taking them. I have to do 2 weeks and start on Tuesday Sept. 30 it will be the longest 14 days of my life but worth every second of it. All the best and take care,

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

Karen M.
on 9/27/14 11:31 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Oh my gosh, Lisa! Optifast starts Tuesday and you're on your way! You'll do great.

Karen :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

EllenMW
on 9/27/14 9:43 am

I started my vitamins a month before so my body would adjust to them... the nurse did not have a problem with me taking them while on opitfast..im heading into week 3 of Opti....take your vitamins and make sure you take fibre along with it!!! its something you will have to get used to for the rest of your life!!  Good luck!!

EllenMW
on 9/27/14 9:44 am

and oh by the way ...there is a fantastic support group in Peterborough if you are interested in it!! just ask me!!

Lima
on 9/27/14 3:54 pm

Yes you should be taking your vitamins during opti but you should avoid vitamin c while on it. I forget why but I did read that somewhere. Good luck. 

Most Active
Recent Topics