After Panni removal..how long

Mary A.
on 9/29/14 1:32 am

My surgeon is in Scarborough and I live in Thunder Bay and trying to get a message and response are sometimes a bit trying.

I had a panni removal 20 days ago and am doing well, my questions are:

how long before you were allowed to take your binder off and was it gradual for short periods of time

when could you begin exercising(toning)

Thank you

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

cutekatie
on 9/29/14 1:41 am
RNY on 05/16/12

I had a tummy tuck on August 15th. I was told I could take it off after 6 weeks. It wasn't gradual, I went from wearing it 23 hours a day (one hour off to shower, etc) to nothing. Now I do wear it at night because I have huge swelling in the evening.

I was told I could go for short 20 minute walks after 2 weeks and at my 6 week check up I was told to go back to doing whatever I was doing beforehand but if I hurt to stop.

You might want to ask this question in the plastic surgery forum, very few people are from Canada but the questions and answers are useful just the same.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Mary A.
on 9/29/14 1:47 am

thanks very much

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary

kellybelly333
on 10/1/14 12:00 am - Toronto, Canada

I kept mine on longer than they said. It's keeps the swelling down, and felt better for me. I did spin classes with it on. :-) (Four weeks post panni at that time). 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Mary A.
on 10/6/14 1:30 am

thanks a bunch..I am now at week 4 and I do feel better with it on..wow spin classes....holy moly woman)  good on you~!!

Mary

Most Active
Recent Topics