Need portable lunch ideas

Blueiiis
on 10/4/14 11:19 pm - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Going back to work tomorrow, need some ideas for lunch that are protein packed! Please share what you bring for lunch.... I need ideas! Am planning to bring some ham and low fat havarti cheese with a Melba toast... But that's all I have.

Thanks in advance!

crqvingchange
on 10/4/14 11:37 pm, edited 10/4/14 11:37 pm

Cottage cheese packs 14g of protein in a little single serving container and they have ones with peaches or mixed berries.  Small single serving cans of tuna you could put on your melba toast. Boiled shrimp with some homemade ****tail sauce made of SF ketchup and a little horseradish.  Check out Eggface's bento lunch collection for dozens of ideas.

Blueiiis
on 10/5/14 2:10 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Thanks for the ideas. I don't have time to ease hours looking at eggface's stuff, was hoping that posters here would share their faves. 

Sassy75
on 10/5/14 2:36 am - North York, Canada

I have been bringing pan fried chicken breast an kale salad. 

Zizzler
on 10/5/14 6:31 am

This is what I have been eating since going back to work a few weeks ago:  premier protein shake, quest bar, cottage cheese with canned peaches, greek yogurt, banana with whipped peanut butter, little tuna tin with crackers, chilli, cheese sticks, avocado and tuna salad, simply protein chips, canned beans with cheese and hot sauce, coldcuts rolled up in cheese with mustard/horseradish, precooked meatballs with mozzarella in tomato sauce with parmesan, fried tofu with dipping sauce, mixed bean salad, almonds.

Sassy75
on 10/5/14 8:02 am - North York, Canada

I also bought those turkey peperette's. Those with a cheese string are good and easy. 

merry1
on 10/5/14 8:03 am - Canada

I drink coffee at home before I leave and then take breakfast to work, usually ctg cheese or greek yogurt and a fruit.  then I get a fruit in the mid morning.  for lunch I usuly get left over dinner and another fruit and before a leave for home I get a piece of cheese and melba toast or whatever cracker.  dinner is the only meal I eat at home.  I make em all up on Saturday or sunday.  this week I will alternate between small meatballs with mushroom sauce and chicken fajitas.  Sometimes I have protein cereal for bfast.  hope that helps.  best to be prepared for the whole day, makes it easier and less stressful  it also all fits nicely into my idea lunch bag and ikea plastic containers!

Eggface
on 10/5/14 8:35 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Hope this gives you a few new ideas: http://www.pinterest.com/eggface/bento-licious/

Best wishes on your return to work. Be sure to not neglec****er drinking!!

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Leanne1
on 10/5/14 10:52 am - Newmarket, Canada

high protein foods:

Cottage cheese- 1/2c, 15g protein

Greek yoguart, plain- 1/4c, 6g protein

Cracker barrel cheese- 30g, 7g protein

deli ham- 55g serving, 6g protein ...you could wrap this around the cheese. "ham and cheese roll up"

pepperettes, 2- 10g protein

protein shake- (premier, 30g) I get the powder from Costco, 25g protein but I make it with milk for an added 9g protein

chicken- 3oz, 24g protein

ground beef, cooked- 1/2c, 20g protein

hard boiled egg- 6g protein

hope this helps

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Blueiiis
on 10/5/14 11:02 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Thank you all! This weekend I have been really dressing over what to bring to work.  It is a new job, they don't know I had surgery and I am terrified of eating something that doesn't agree with me while at my new job.

Going to down a protein shake in the morning after I go for a quick 20 minute walk.  Am packing a Greek yogurt for snack if I have time. Lunch is two slices of Kirkland ham (protein - 12 grams) and a cheese string (5 grams).  And a dill pickle. Whatever I don't finish from lunch, can be an afternoon snack if I get a break.  Packing a quest bar for the drive home to tide me over until dinner. 

Lots of great ideas for the future! Thanks again!

Most Active
Recent Topics