Syntrax Nectar Sampler

msmuggins
on 10/14/14 8:16 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

I'm so excited - my Syntrax Nectar sampler from Netrition arrived today!  I'm pretty fussy about the taste of protein powders.  I really like Isoflex vanilla, but wanted to have other options after surgery (because I'll be having a lot of protein shakes). So it was like early Xmas when I opened the package!  Currently drinking the Fuzzy Navel sample - it's good!

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Karen M.
on 10/14/14 8:57 am - Mississauga, Canada

I sincerely hope you still like them post-surgery!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

msmuggins
on 10/14/14 9:10 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Yes, I know that sometimes people end up not being able to tolerate certain flavours they liked before surgery... I REALLY hope I'm not one of those people!  Fingers crossed!  Did that happen to you, Karen?

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Karen M.
on 10/14/14 9:16 am - Mississauga, Canada

Yep! Immediately post-op, and to this day 8 1/2 years later, absolutely everything tastes sweet - to the point of sickly, nauseatingly sweet! Even plain milk, if you can believe it. I had a great protein shake post-op (even forget the name of it now, it was so long ago - Extreme Protein or something and it had 45g protein) that was strong on the chocolate flavour, easy on the sweet factor. Now I enjoy the Premier shakes for the most part (both chocolate and vanilla, mostly chocolate though I think) and Chike, but just because I love coffee and need to feed my addiction. lol

Karen

msmuggins
on 10/14/14 9:55 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

I'm really hoping that I don't have a problem finding a shake I can deal with post-op.  That's actually what made me seek out the Syntrax samples because I'm afraid that the milky ones are going to skeeve me out afterward.  I LOVE Isoflex - right now it's my go to (I blend with 1% milk and frozen fruit) but I'm aware that some people develop lactose intolerance after surgery and tastes also change... For a control freak, this whole process is fraught with pitfalls! 

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Karen M.
on 10/14/14 10:03 am - Mississauga, Canada

Hahaha... isn't it. My attitude toward the whole thing was to view eating/drinking as my job (to make my body healthy) and any vitamins and protein shakes (whether I liked them or NOT, I needed them) as my "medicine". Sometimes we just have to suck it up. Which I did.

Karen

msmuggins
on 10/14/14 10:07 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Great pun - "suck it up!" - just not with a straw! 

I think I'm going to have a challenge with the chewable vitamins, but as you say, it's necessary and thankfully at some point I'll be able to switch back to capsules.   I've always been a but fussy with flavours ... I could never go on Survivor because I'd be the one who, even for a million bucks, couldn't eat a bug! 

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Hollynik
on 10/14/14 9:16 am - Canada

I just wanted to let you know that fitshop.ca carries the syntrax nectar tubs and it's a Canadian site so no exchange or duty.  I'm not sure about netrition but just wanted you to be aware of a more local supplier.  I only tried a few sips of different ones before surgery that my kids drank but found after a few days post surgery I couldn't stand the milky shakes anymore so I switched to syntrax and like both the lemonade and fuzzy navel (my favourite).  I just ordered two more of the peach today.  BTW it's free shipping on over $49 also.  Lori

msmuggins
on 10/14/14 9:50 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Thanks, Holly!  I usually order all of my protein products through Fitshop because they gave great bogo deals and the shipping is fast (and they are Canadian).  I only went with Netrition for this order because I couldn't seem to find a Canadian supplier for a sampler pack of Syntrax Nectar products and I didn't want to roll the dice by ordering a whole tub then hating it (I've done this before and am still kicking myself).   I am definitely going to order a couple of tubs of Syntrax -  my sampler came with the lemonade flavour too, so I'll try that one for breakfast tomorrow...

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

msmuggins
on 10/14/14 10:02 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Sorry, I meant Lori, not Holly... Thanks again!  Fitshop.ca is a great resource!

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Most Active
Recent Topics