Got my date at TWH with Dr. Jackson!

Swell
on 11/28/14 9:38 pm - Southwestern Ontario, Canada

So it's starting to get real...January 5th is my surgery date with Dr. Jackson. Since yesterday was my first time at TWH (I've been doing everything through Windsor), I had a pretty good experience. Started out with a bit of mix-up when they told me they didn't understand why I hadn't been told to do yesterday's appointment by teleconference like the rest of the Windsor people, but since they knew I had driven all the way from Sarnia, they did all of my pre-admission stuff yesterday too so that I wouldn't have to drive all the way there again. I was very impressed with everyone there! But now the nerves are setting in...

So I have some questions for those of you who have been through it:

Any regrets?

Are you in a lot of pain afterwards? 

Where in the world do you park at TWH? 

anniew72
on 11/29/14 3:27 am

Hi Swell,

Congratulations on your date, you will do great.

I am gonna be couple of days behind you.

Swell
on 11/29/14 11:57 am - Southwestern Ontario, Canada

Thanks! I see that you are on the 9th--I'll be sending positive vibes!

bee28
on 11/29/14 4:22 am - Sarnia, Canada
RNY on 12/09/14

Woot! We have the same surgeon! And I did mine through a teleconference try didn't make me drive down there.

Swell
on 11/29/14 11:59 am - Southwestern Ontario, Canada

Yeah, the doctor seemed really confused as to why I was there because he said he'd been doing teleconferences all morning with Windsor patients. But at least it worked out in the end with getting my preadmission stuff done!

When is your surgery?

bee28
on 11/30/14 12:34 am - Sarnia, Canada
RNY on 12/09/14

December 9th! So close yet seems so far away with having to do all the opti I'm sick of them lol but hanging in there!

msmuggins
on 11/30/14 8:06 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Hi Swell!  I'm having surgery at TWH on January 5th too -- we'll be surgery buddies!  Congrats on getting your date!  I still have to do my pre-admission appointment on Dec. 19th, but I live in downtown Toronto (given you're from Sarnia, having to come in twice wouldn't be nice).  Looking forward to meeting you if we get the chance!  Out of curiousity, what time is your surgery?  Mine is at 11am.

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Swell
on 12/1/14 7:28 am - Southwestern Ontario, Canada

Awesome! Congrats to you too!

They didn't give me a time, which I thought was a little odd...maybe I should call? 

Looking forward to meeting you too!

Blueiiis
on 11/30/14 9:52 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

I will be honest... A pain worse than childbirth when I tried to stand up the first time.... It felt like my left side had been ripped apart. It was so painful and unexpected (after all I was drugged to the gills) but it did get better every time I got up, and by the second day I was only taking Tylenol.  

Parking is right there at TWH, enter off of Bathhurst.  It is really expensive, but it was convenient. 

Best of luck - the staff at TWH are great!

Swell
on 12/1/14 7:30 am - Southwestern Ontario, Canada

Yikes! I'm a wimp with pain--although I did survive a pretty brutal c-section, so hopefully I can handle it. 

Thanks for the info!

Most Active
Recent Topics