One month checkup..done

Tish24
on 12/10/14 9:32 pm - Owen Sound, Canada

had I'm one month checkup yesterday and everything went well. Dr. Starr was happy with my progress, lost 20 pounds since surgery. Also had my nutrition class and was disappointed in it. They said there spill and never encouraged any sharing between the group. Fortunately, I knew a couple of people there who I met in my pre-op journey and was able to share info back and forth with them. I bought the book Weight Loss Surgery Guide &Diet program. Looking forward to start reading it. It also has meal plans and 150 recipes for making healthy meals. 

My major issue right now is not sleeping. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? This is killing me, I have had this problem before but it has gotten worse since my surgery. I work 12 hours in a shift and it gets pretty hard to do on two hours sleep. It also triggers my wanting to eat junk food and to be less active. I'm at a loss on how to make it better. I have tried all the natural remedies and they don't work on me, or they stay with me too long and feel hung over the next day. I'm open to any suggestions.

Jiliana2
on 12/10/14 9:56 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

Congrats on the 20 lb loss since surgery! That's wonderful!

Oooh, that nutrition class does sound like a bit of a disappointment. I'm a big believer in sharing experiences. We can definitely learn from each other; that's what we do here on the forums, after all!

I don't really have any suggestions about the sleep issues. Other than the fact that you know you need to sleep more than 2 hours per 24-hour cycle of course... I'm not sure how to advise you on getting that. It is crucial to our weight loss though. So do talk to your surgeon or your GP about it. Maybe they have suggestions you've not thought of yet?

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Tish24
on 12/10/14 10:42 pm - Owen Sound, Canada

Oh yes, I know I need more then two hours sleep. I have spoken to my doc about it in the past and we did try a few different meds, however none of them really worked or the worked too well. I'm thinking of maybe going to see a naturalpath to see if they can come up with anything.

Most Active
Recent Topics