Couldn't make it to work today

Tish24
on 12/14/14 6:37 am - Owen Sound, Canada

woke this morning with diarrhea and dry heaving...WTF?

I'm measuring all my food, sticking to my plan and still having to deal with this. Did anyone else experience this? I asked Dr. Starr about it and he said that there is so many variables it is hard to narrow it down to just one thing. I know my body is healing and adjusting to the new pouch, food, and life style but I can not keep missing work, that will not go over well. I'm thinking of just doing liquids for a couple of days. Maybe the pouch just needs a rest, what do you think?

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/14 9:30 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

You may simply have a stomach virus. It's running wild all over.  Both hubby and I have had it for 3 days now.

Karen M.
on 12/14/14 6:56 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Ugh - that sucks, Tracey. I hope you're feeling better too.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Karen M.
on 12/14/14 6:55 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Sorry you haven't been feeling well, Ti**** could be one small thing you're ingesting that's affecting you so badly and dairy can often be the culprit with diarrhea. Your gut may need a little rest and doing liquids isn't going to harm you for a couple of short days but finding the key to this may require an elimination diet for a bit so it doesn't keep happening. As for the dry heaves - I have found that being low on fluids (i.e. dehydration) can cause this with me. Make sure you are sipping water constantly throughout the day and if you wake in the night, drink more water to stave it off.

I hope you're feeling better.

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Tish24
on 12/14/14 9:43 pm - Owen Sound, Canada

Hi Karen,

i don't have much dairy, I take a little milk in my tea and haven't had yogurt for a few days just cause I have run out. Yesterday I cut back on the veggies and fruit and this morning no symptoms so far. Maybe it is my body just adjusting to everything. Your probably right about the fluids, I'm having a hard time spacing everything out. There doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to eat and drink when and how we are suppose to. I guess I'm still adjusting also. 

Thanks for your help.

Dreamy74
on 12/14/14 10:32 pm
RNY on 02/04/15

Hi Tish I don't have any advice for you because I am pre-surgery but I just wanted to say that I hope you feel better soon.  xo

Most Active
Recent Topics