I'm in my semi-private room a couple hrs post surgery

sadgirl89
on 12/15/14 6:43 am

Hey guys, 

I am updating you all on my RNY surgery I had this morning, I'm feeling okay, everything went well.  However  I feel rather bummed that I can't drink down a bottle of water like I use to, I'm dying of thirst my mouth is super dry my lip balm is honestly my best friend right now. I'm in and out of sleep, my tummy hurts and I'm so drugged up right now. 

Anyway,  I'm going back to sleep. I'll update you guys tomorrow. To my ladies going in for surgery tomorrow, goodluck and see you soon!

Ipatton
on 12/15/14 9:41 am - Canada

hope the recovery goes great!, lots of rest and get up and wal****ep us posted

Ipatton
on 12/15/14 9:41 am - Canada

hope the recovery goes great!, lots of rest and get up and wal****ep us posted

sadgirl89
on 12/15/14 11:58 am

I'm walking! I feel better walking than when I'm laying down all the gas starts coming out through belching, belching has never felt so good to me. It's a sudden relief! 

jaxie77
on 12/15/14 10:29 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

So glad everything went well today ! Hopefully maybe see you tomorrow ? Can't wait to be sitting where you are now !! 

Jax xx

sadgirl89
on 12/15/14 11:55 am

Yes, for sure! I was told I'm not coming out tomorrow lol so if everything goes well I'll be out on Wednesday or Thursday the latest.

You are a couple hours away from surgery girl!

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/14 10:55 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Sending speedy recovery wishes your way! xoxo

Patm
on 12/15/14 11:31 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad all went well. Hope you have a speedy recovery

Diane1963
on 12/15/14 4:21 pm - Orangeville , Canada

Hi my names Diane. I had gastric bypass surgery just over a week ago at guelph general. I live in orangeville.Hang in there!  I have a bunch of pain syndromes so for me the first few days were horrible as I was in a lot of pain! Once they found the correct meds to help decrease the pain things were much better.  Hint, drink water slowly to start, ask for no ice in water as the cold water intensified my pain. 

My initial weight was 380, pre optifast weight 374.9, pre surgery weight 358, and I was weighed today 11 days after surgery and I'm down another 8 lbs. that's 25 lbs in a month!

I was amazed at how quickly I was up moving, walking in the halls.

first BIG hurdle done!! Remember there's a light at end of tunnel now.

take care, keep in touch.

diane

sadgirl89
on 12/15/14 12:00 pm

Thank you guys so much for your well wishes, it brings a smile to my face knowing I have your support!

Most Active
Recent Topics