Recipe I'm trying today

Karen M.
on 12/22/14 10:46 am - Mississauga, Canada

*sigh*

Frankly, this is my last comment on this. Eat what you want, do what you want, power to you, I'm sure it'll magically all work out for you in the end.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/14 11:13 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Thanks, I'm 200% positive it will. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/14 12:18 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Jennifer, I think what you are missing here is that they are empty calories at this stage of the game and they are also creating a bad habit.  If you get used to eating them now when you will lose no matter what you eat like Barb has said in her post, then you will keep eating them, even on occasion, when you are in the slower weight loss stage.  Nobody wants to see you fail and we have all been there where we thought we could have a bit of this or that and we all had to learn that isn't possible during the weight loss phase, you have to be extra vigilant and make this time count.  Speak your mind as much as you want but expect those of us with an ounce more of experience are going to speak ours as well.  It's a warning from people that have been there or have seen it with others.  We had one woman that thought the 100 calorie packs of this and that were acceptable and she had major regain.  Those 100 calories add up and most of them just like the cookie at 90 calories, are not giving you anything that you need nutritionally.  Just be careful is all anyone is trying to warn you about.

Zizzler
on 12/22/14 5:21 am, edited 12/22/14 8:30 am

I wasn't going to post as I do not like conflict, but I think you are nice and would like to help you understand. I agree with the vets, this is not a healthy recipe for weight loss. The vets are only sincerely trying to help you succeed and not trying to be mean or hurtful. I know it's hard to hear, especially since you are very careful with your eating.  Nobody eliminate carbs altogether - that would be impossible and certainly not healthy. What they are saying is that the recipe you posted is a high carb low protein recipe, and thus not a "healthy" choice for weight loss as you claim.  Just because it is lower fat and there is no table sugar added does not negate that it is high in carbs and natural sugars. The nsa peanut butter cookie is high in protein, low in carbs and low in all sugars, which is why I would agree it is a better choice, but still moderation is key. If you do not understand that then you need to educate yourself on the subject, not get defensive and dismissive. There are tons of lower carb high protein recipes online on sites such as eggface and similar, why not try one of those recipes? I have lots of other links if you are interested.  Have a nice evening.

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/14 9:54 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I stick to around 50 grams of carbs a day, this is considered extremely low carb. Where I choose to use those carbs, is my choice. 

Thank you you for your input. I'm not arguing, or trying to cause conflict, nor have I been dismissive. I'm simply stating I do not believe these to be unhealthy. I never stated they are geared towards 'weight loss as you said, I stated they would be an occasional treat. 

I appreciate everyone's concern with my diet, but really, I'm fine. I probably eat less carbs than most. 50 grams a day is definitely not considered a high carb diet. I'm fine, really. I'm happy with my choices. 

Zizzler
on 12/22/14 10:56 am

Limiting your carbs to 50g per day is really good, sounds like you are on track and being vigilant, good for you. All I know is if I had these things in my freezer they would not be there for long, they would be all I would want to eat.  But we are all different, maybe you have more willpower than most, and if so, good for you. You sound like a smart woman, if you notice you are slipping I am confident you will take steps to get back on track. I would still encourage you to check out the eggface site, because it is really awesome.  The person who created it is an obesityhelp member too, which is pretty cool. Let me know what you think. Have a nice evening.

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/14 11:03 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Thanks zizzler. I've been a reader of her site, and recipes since before surgery. It's awesome. A true weight loss surgery tool for sure. And also just to mention, I made them yesterday, and they're in my freezer. I haven't tried one yet. I really don't have much of a sweet / baked goods tooth at all, only very occasionally. My vice was always big home cooked meals, and fast food, but never baked goods.

You have a good eve also. 

SkinnyBonz38
on 12/22/14 7:09 am

Wow thank you for posting a delicious nutritious recipe. I want to try this!

Most Active
Recent Topics